chapter 13

I made my way to my seat, making sure to not pass the Canadian locker room. There weren't many people at the game, probably since It was just a pre-tournament game. I decided on not sitting directly in front of the glass, because of what just transpired.

I sat some rows back, far enough to not be right at the eye line of the players, but closer enough where I can still see the puck on the ice.

Warm ups were tense. The boys kept sending death stares to each other, and every time a boy from our team would get close to the center line, I held my breath. I was scared that if they got close enough to each other, they would just start fighting right there.

Jack and Trevor were stretching together, and started looking all around the rink. When Jacks eyes found me, he immediately sent me one of his priceless smiles. Trevor noticed me a second later, and waved to me like a little kid.

I laughed to myself, "hi Trevor." I mouthed. He started making funny faces at me, until my dad yelled at him from the bench. His face turned white and he went back to warming up. I caught Jacks eye again and we both started laughing.

God do I love Trevor

Whenever my eyes would wander to the Canada side, one of the players would already be looking at me. When I caught Max's eye, I automatically started feeling nauseous. He sent me a smirk that made my blood churn.

Suddenly memories started flooding back of....him

(A/N trigger warning, domestic violence scene. Just scroll down to where it says its over if you don't want to read it)

'I walked into the Toronto apartment my Dad and I were staying in for the summer. I put my stuff down on the kitchen table, when I heard a noise coming from my bedroom. I thought I was the only one home.

"dad?" I asked as I slowly made my way towards my room. Suddenly someone walked out, but it wasn't my dad.

"Luke?" I asked incredulously. "What the hell are you doing here? How did you get in my apartment?" He walked over to me, "You didn't tell me you were going to Toronto. Your dads  holding a training camp here?" He asked in a dangerously calm voice. One the scared me shitless.

"Yeah, he is. I didn't think I had to tell you." I said as confidently as I could. He caressed my cheek with his fingers, and he was so close I could feel his breath as he spoke. "You didn't think you needed to tell me?" he asked with a slight laugh.

His smile faded as he grabbed my arms with a hard grip. "Luke you're hurting me." I whimpered. He sent out another bone chilling laugh as he slammed me against the wall.

"You know I'm only with you so your dad can get me to the nhl. You're supposed to tell me whenever you're doing hockey things with him.  Where was my invite Laney?" he said through his teeth.

Tears started flowing from my eyes, and I felt my body shaking under his touch. I was petrified. "I'm sorry it won't happen again." I pleaded.

"After I'm done with you, I'm sure it won't." he said, darkness filling his eyes. He brought his hand back and slapped me hard across the face. I fell to the ground, tears streaming and my face throbbing.

He started kicking me in my stomach, and my ribs burned with pain. I screamed and yelled and tried to crawl away, but he kneeled beside me and covered my mouth. My eyes went wide as I saw him bring his arm up again, then everything went dark.

(End of Flashback)

I was snapped out of my thoughts by the loud buzzer from the score board. The game was starting. I looked down, and noticed my hands were balled up and my knuckles were white. I felt sweat on the back of my neck, and my knee was bouncing up and down.