chapter 11

I was watching the highlights from the night before on nhl network when a car honked outside. I smiled to myself

I forgot about Kellsey

I quickly turned off the TV, and made my way out the front door. There was a beautiful red Porsche parked in front of my garage, and a slightly less beautiful hockey player leaning against it, with the biggest smirk on his face.

I grinned, "Kellsey!" I yelled as I ran towards the car. He grinned  as I jumped into his arms, and spun me around. He ruffled my hair as he put me down. "fuck off " I laughed as I lightly pushed his chest.

"How've you been Lanes. It's been too long." He said. "I know. I haven't been able to annoy you for a whole month" I smirked. "Oh believe me, you've still found a way to be a pain in my ass." I rolled my eyes at the comment and started walking around the car.

"Damn Clay when'd you get this." I said rubbing it in awe. He smirked, "like it huh?" I scoffed, "get over yourself Keller"

"I see the 'tude hasn't gone away" he raised his eyebrow at me. "It's only been a month I haven't changed much" I smiled. "mhmm. C'mon, I'm starving." He said getting in the drivers seat. I followed and got in the passenger's. "I can't even lie, this car is pretty sick." I admitted. "Yeah, the boys we're chirping me because of my old car, so I decided to step it up." he chuckled.

"Well this is definitely a step up from your what? Honda?" I laughed. "Hell yeah. And check this out," He said as he plugged his phone up to his bluetooth. Suddenly, tequila started blaring from the hundreds of speakers in the car.

"Fuck!" I yelled as I almost jumped out of the seat. Clayton was holding his chest from laughing so hard. "holy shit you jumped so bad." He said through his laughs as he turned . I glared at him, "you're such an ass"

He wiped his laugh tears, "Man have I missed you"

After 20 minutes of laughing, singing, and a bit of arguing, we finally got to the restaurant. "Where'd you take me Kellsey?" I asked, looking around at the unfamiliar area. "Oh you'll see." When we got out of the car, there was a beautiful path we had to walk through to get to the restaurant.

There were flowers and plants covering the walls around the path, and it so pretty. At the end of the path was a super cute outdoor restaurant. There were trees and flowers everywhere, and you could hear the birds chirping.

I looked down at what I was wearing, "you could've told me we were going somewhere nice Clay." I chuckled. "Honestly I didn't even know it was this nice. I just searched up pasta places." he shrugged.

I held my heart, "you took me to a pasta place?" I asked dramatically. Everyone knows its my favorite.

"it's only been a month Laney I didn't forget its your favorite." he laughed. We got to the host stand, and they led us to a table. We both ordered our food and drinks fairly quick. We were starving.

"So," Clay said as he tried getting more comfortable in his chair. "what's up? What have I missed?" he asked. I shrugged, "nothing much honestly. Same old same old." I said.

He rolled his eyes, "that's a lie." I raised my eyebrow at him, "why do you say that?" I asked.

"Because, you're not as sad or lonely as you were a couple months ago." he said. I furrowed my eyebrows, "what do you mean?" I asked.

"We know you Laney. You used to call one of us, or text us every single day. And we all know it was because you were going through a really rough time, and you weren't getting out of the house, so you would talk to us so you felt like you had a little company."