Chapter 9

"Laney how the hell does Mat know we're sleeping over? he just called me and sounded like he was gonna kill me." Brady said. I shoved my phone in my pocket and glared at the boys. "What?" josh asked. "So whose dumbass thought it would be a good idea to put this on SOCIAL MEDIA?" I asked bewilderedly.

Trevor, Alex, and Coles faces all got white. I whipped towards them, "oh so ur the dumbasses?" A couple of the other guys tried to muffle their laughter. "well we didn't get your face In it, we didn't think it would be a big deal." Alex nervously. I may be short, but when I'm mad I get scary.

I rolled my eyes, "you do know that you guys are public, and people know what my house looks like?" They looked back with confused faces, obviously still not understanding the problem.

"well, you guys made 11 NHL players very angry." I said. Suddenly everything seemed to click. Their eyes widened, and if they didn't look scared before, they did now. "Shit the guys who are like family to you saw?" Cole asked.

I nodded my head, and my glare was replaced by a smirk. "They know all your names now." I said. "well shit boys. If we make it to the NHL, we're dead." Trev said. I rolled my eyes, "You guys are idiots just so you know." I said, no longer mad.

Whatever happens to them is out of my hands.

"Well its too late to go back now. Might as well have fun before we die." Matt shrugged. I laughed, "Well what do you guys wanna do? Its only 7."

The boys thought for a little, "I'm sure we'll figure something out. Your house isn't exactly boring Laney." Quinn said. "Let's go down to the basement I want chocolate." Mari said. I nodded. "Why do you have to go down there for chocolate?" Josh asked. Mari looked at me a smirked, "Oh you'll see."

She led the group of boys downstairs, and I was in the back. Jack, who has been quiet this whole time, stopped walking until all of the guys were in front of him. He blocked my path, and suddenly it was just Jack and I upstairs.

My heart started racing, and I felt my adrenaline go up. I mentally face palmed myself for letting him make me feel this way. He looked at me with such a soft face. His eyebrows were slightly furrowed, and he looked like he was sad.

"Laney, I just wanna apologize for earlier." He said. I felt my face heat up. Shit. "I shouldn't have said that about you and Trev. I just thought- never mind." wait what were you going to say?? He paused a bit, then cleared his throat,

"I'm sorry if I made things awkward. You don't have to worry, Trevor does not like you." He said. I raised my eyebrow. Well damn ok then. His eyes widened, "shit, no I don't mean it like that. I mean he likes you, a lot, but just not in that way. I- honestly I don't know-"

"It's fine Jack." I cut him off. He was so nervous I had to put the guy out of his misery. "Honestly, nothings weird between us. It's all good believe me." I smiled at him. I was only half lying. I felt slight pang of hurt in my chest, and I had no idea why. Don't lie Laney you know exactly why.

His blush went away, and he shot me one of his priceless smiles. One that I hadn't seen all day, and I didn't realize how much I missed it. His smile faded though, and he looked down at the floor. "Laney, theres something else." He started.

My heart beat quickened, and I could basically feel it through my chest. His eyes met mine, and he took a breathe before speaking again. "Laney I-" He was cut off by yelling downstairs. "SHIT TREV LANEYS GONNA KILL YOU!" "How the hell did you break that Zegras?"

My eyes widened and I quickly looked towards the basement door. Those boys are so dead. I looked back at Jack and he was rubbing the back of his neck, "we should probably get downstairs." He said, smiling sheepishly.