Chapter 12

"We see your dad more than you now. Which I'm not necessarily complaining about." I rolled my eyes at Jacks annoying comment. We were currently on FaceTime for the fourth time this week

It's been a couple weeks since the boys slept over. Their rigorous schedule of everyday practices started the day after the sleepover, so I haven't been able to see them in a while. Sometimes if they have time, they try to meet me at Starbucks before practice while I do my online school. But besides that we haven't hung out in person. 

But we do FaceTime ALL the time, especially Jack and I. He calls me just about every night, and we talk until he has to go to bed. Our calls are usually the highlight of my day, because I can now shamelessly say I've fallen head over heels for that boy.

I haven't admitted it to anyone else, besides Mari and Clay. Mari keeps telling me to grow a pair and just tell him, but I would honestly rather die than ever get rejected In my life. And i can't tell if he likes me back. 

He's completely flirty, but I feel like thats just something he does to every girl. I mean have you seen him? he definitely has a bunch of girls who swoon over him back home, why would he treat me any differently?

"Yeah, well I bet now that he's basically coaching you guys, you like him a lot less." I said. "Woah woah I wouldn't say that. He's just a lot scarier than he was at your house." jack said. I let out a laugh at the thought of Pat yelling at the guys.

After my dad met the guys at my house, he called their coach and said he wanted to sit in on a few practices and watch the new talent. Well 'sitting in on a few practices' turned into him basically being an assistant coach for them. Of course Mike Hastings  had absolutely no problem with THE Pat Mitchell coaching along side him, so my dads basically at their practices everyday. I think it's the funniest fucking thing. 

"Why don't you just come with your dad whenever he comes to practices?" Josh asked. I guess the rest of the guys just got back to the hotel from dinner. "Well hello to you too Mr. Norris." I said. "No, seriously Laney why don't you?" jack asked. 

I shrugged, "I don't know. I guess it's because growing up I was literally at some sort of hockey practice or game every single day. That life isn't for me anymore." Trevor jumped on the bed next to Jack, and took the laptop from his lap.

"Even though your best friend Trevor is on the team?" he asked with a dramatically hurt face. I rolled my eyes, "yes, especially because of that." I said. "Uh! Rude" he frowned. 

"shut up Trevor." Jack said yanking the laptop back. "Ok well you're coming to our first game tomorrow." Quinn said coming into view of the camera. "You guys already have a game?" I asked. 

"Yeah, the pre-tournament  games are here in DC and start tomorrow. The actual tournament is in Victoria BC and those aren't for a while." Brady said as he took a seat next to Jack. 

"well who are you guys playing? anyone good?" I asked wiggling my eyebrows. Jack scoffed, "yeah actually your favorites. The Canadians." I rolled my eyes, "shut up." 

"Your boyfriend Max Comtois (A/N its pronounced Com-twua in case anyone is struggling) is talking major shit on twitter." Alex said. "He's not my boyfriend idiots." I said annoyed. 

"Mhm. Well you're coming tomorrow. The games at 6pm but come at like 5 so we can hang before hand." Jack said. 

"I'll think about it." I slightly smirked. "You better be there Mitchell." josh warned. I laughed, "well its getting late, I should go. I may or may not see you tomorrow." I winked. 

"goodnight Laney, and I know you'll be there." Jack smirked. I stuck my tongue out as I ended the call. 

I closed my laptop and made my way downstairs. My mom was in the living room watching some sort of reality tv show. "Wheres dad?' I asked. She motioned to the basement, "in his office"