Wednesday 13:36 Laughing on the Outside

In the library, Charlie sat down with Sophia to study for their upcoming test. Charlie's mind hadn't really been up to study lately so the test had been the least of his worries, but was now so close that it came back hitting him in the nose.

Fortunately for him, Sophia was always a little headed and had accepted to help him with their homework. Not that he was really doing anything but reading their notes. He didn't know where to start, since he never really started.

When he begin this exercise that the teacher recommended as a preparation for the exam, Isaac passed by, backpack on his shoulder, talking with probably one of his classmates. Charlie watched him go by but blushed when he smiled at him with a little wave. He quickly looked down.

"You know Isaac?" Sophia asked.

"Oh...hm, yeah. We met at the school play. You know him?" He said, surprised. Of course, she could know him from the school play as well, since she was part of the direction, but then she wouldn't have asked that question.

"Yeah, a little but... I mean I've more heard about him than I actually know him really."

"Heard about him?"

She shrugged, writing the end of her sentence before looking at Charlie.

"Like... what... last year? Two years ago? Something like that, people said he was gay and all. He had a girlfriend at the time, don't know if they're still together, but I don't think he cared much about the rumours."

"What did you think about the rumours?"

"I really don't care."

"No but... isn't that against your beliefs?"

"Yeah. Not only mine. But yeah... Look, what do you believe in?"

"Science."

"Okay, fine. Then look at science, Darwin and the theory of evolution would tell you that homosexuals should have disappeared a long time ago because they can't reproduce. So even if it's a thing you're born with, it shouldn't exist anymore. So the science you believe it classified it as an illness, and more specifically a mental illness, which explains why it stuck around. Right? So even your science says that it's not natural."

"They changed that, though."

"Not everywhere. And the fact that they changed the title doesn't make it right or useful. You can argue all you want."

Charlie looked back down at his exercise, silent, and crossed his arms on the table. He didn't agree but he had no argument to back himself up. He decided to let it go and continued his exercise until someone sat down next to him.

"Hey... Sophia, right? Hi!"

On the chair next to him, a way too happy Lea passed her arm around Charlie's shoulders.

"Hello, so you're going to the St Patrick's party? Great! We can have matching outfits!" She said excitedly.

"Uh... I don't know..."

"Isaac told me you'd come. That's so cool. He's going with Emily and we'll meet there! Oh I have to go but I'll send you ideas for our outfits!"

She stood up after kissing him on the cheek, and then she left, under Charlie's still-surprised-and-confused look and Sophia's amused smirk. But what came of this discussion was more deception... So, Isaac didn't invite him to the party so they could be together, he was just inviting a friend. Oh but at least he gets matching outfits with Lea.