Chapter 5

It's only been about two weeks and Chan officially thought he was gonna die.

Ever since that incident that happened not to long ago, his heart began beating fast everytime Jeongin was mentioned or around him.

He was confused and agitated. Not understanding why he felt the way he did.

Everytime Felix hugged or made Jeongin laugh, Chan felt...jealous?

Yes, jealous.

Even though he was good friends with Felix and knew that he was dating Changbin, he still couldn't help it.

And he absolutely hated it. He never felt this way about someone. Sure he has dated many people but he never felt this type of way before.

Everytime he saw Jeongin smile he got jealous. Wishing that he was the one to make the younger smile and not someone else.

Everytime Jeongin laughed or smiled or even showed a hint of happiness when he was with the older, Chan felt his heart beat faster.

He loved making Jeongin happy, feel flustered, upset to the point where he does his cute pout, everything.

But besides that confusion and agitation, he was angry.

Angry at Jeongin for making him feel this way but mostly angry at himself for even getting feelings.

So it was that day, that Jeongin was out with friends and Chan decided to stay home.

That Chan promised himself that he wouldnt fall for the boy more than he already have.

He would purposely ignore the younger and keep distance from him.

Chan knew it would hurt Jeongin. Being the clingy, sweet boy he is.

Jeongin personally thought that the two were getting closer.

Truth was, Jeongin never disliked the boy. The only reasoned he pretended to was because Chan hated him.

So when Jeongin came home expecting Chan to be waiting for him, it was a surprise when the aforementioned wasn't even home.

Jeongin brushed it off but was still confused as it was 10pm.

He decided to stay up and wait for the older being slightly worried.

And his slight worry turned into to being scared shirtless when it was already 3am and Chan still wasnt home.

Jeongin had called the elders phone many times but they all immediately went to voicemail, not even ringing once.

After checking his phone for the nth time, the front door opened and in walked the missing boy.

Jeongin stood up quickly, rushing over to him. "Where were you? I was worried"

Chan ignored him taking off his shoes by the door, not even taking notice of the other's presence.

"Chan?" Jeongin asked, reaching out to touch him but Chan slapped his hand away.

Jeongin retracted his hand, confusion written all over his face. "Chan, What wrong?"

"Mind your own business" Chan spat trying to walk last him but Jeongin blocked his way.

"Channie, I was worried about you" Jeongin said resting a hand on Chan's shoulder.

Chan glared at him, harshly grabbing the boys wrist making the other wince.

"Don't call me that" Chan growled throwing Jeongin's hand to the side.

Jeongin scrunched up his eyebrows, "What's wrong with you? I only wanted to make sure if you were okay"

"You can clearly see that I'm fine. Now leave me alone!" Chan yelled.

"No, you owe me an explanation as to why you were out until 3 in the morning" Jeongin fired back.

"Why do you care so much anyway?" Chan asked raising his voice.

"Because you're my friend and that's what friends do. We care about each other, we worry about each other, and we be there for each other" Jeongin said.

"We're not friends" Chan coldly said before bumping his shoulder harshly against his making his way up the stairs.

Jeongin stood shocked, even though it probably wouldnt mean that much to some people, those three words hurt him.

The fact that him and Chan had been getting along the last few days and then now Chan acted as if he completely hated him.

Tears stung his eyes as the words sunk in and stung his heart.

He turned around and saw Chan still making his way up the stairs.

"Why are you so mean?!" Jeongin yelled willing himself not to cry.

Chan turned around and saw the state the boy was in. His heart hurt but he didnt let it show.

"We're not friends" Chan repeated. "And never will be"

"I dont like you and I dont care about you. The only reason why I'm here is to make sure you dont get into any trouble. I'm not here to be friends" Chan stated.

Jeongin was heartbroken. He really liked Chan, friend wise.

But when Chan broke the news to him, he was devastated.

Feeling that all the time he wasted on Chan, on trying to be friends, was all just thrown down the drain.

He couldnt stop the tears from overfilling and streaming down his cheeks like a waterfall.

He has never in his life ever been let down on friendship because everybody liked him.

Despite the fact that Yugyeom and Jaebum bullied him but that was beside the point. Because they bullied him on how nice and sweet he was.

They despised the fact that he was so sweet and let people do whatever they want to him. They bully him to toughen him up.

(A/N now that I reread that, I realize how stupid it sounds but just does with it lol)

Before Jeongin knew, he was sobbing, because he was utterly hurt by what he was told.

Chan's stone face soften when he saw the young boy sobbing violently.

Small hiccups, gasps for air, and small wails escaping the boys mouth.

It was at this moment, Chan knew he messed up and shouldn't have said the things he said.

He should've put away his stubbornness and accepted the feelings he had for Jeongin.

But instead he had to be an ass and ruin something that made him genuinely happy.

And he made the most softest boy that many people have come to love, cry.

And hearing Jeongin cry was so heartbreaking to Chan. That he wanted to rush over and scoop him up in his arms.

He wanted to cuddle with him in bed and tell him how much he likes him and apologize for all he said.

He wanted to take it all back, reverse time if he had to. But it was to late.

Jeongin wiped his tears with his sweater paw, small hiccups still leaving him mouth.

He looked at Chan, who was frozen in his spot like a deer in headlights.

He looked him dead in the eye and said three words that hurt more than 'We're not friends'  before running up the stairs, last Chan and into his room, slamming the door.

Chan was left alone, his mouth hung open in shock, his heart aching.

The words that Jeongin said echoing in his head over and over again.

"I hate you"

I'm sorry🙈