Romanian

"A common phrase in Romania 'Unde este toaleta' meaning 'where there's a will there's a way. . ."

Dick covered up a snort as the teacher continued to drone on. That phrase certainly did not mean what the substitute thought.

The class was learning about different cultures and different ways of speaking and acting in different countries around the world. It was an English class, a lot of weird stuff happens.

No one in this class knew about Dick's heritage. He'd stopped telling people after the bullying started, and the only one who truly knew and cared was Barbara. But she wasn't in this class so no one knew.

Dick was finding it quite amusing to here the substitute and his class mates attempt to pronounce Romanian words on the page. Lucky for him though the class was almost over and he'd be closer to ending the long day at school.

"You can all talk amongst yourself quietly until the bell rings." The subs said as she sat down at the teacher's desk. Many kids turned towards their friends or walked over to each others desks.

A few kids near Dick, however, started talking right near him. They kept trying to pronounce the words on the paper (they were failing miserably).

But what caught Dick's ear was when they started trying to impersonate the accent he used to have.

"Hello, I must say 'Bună ziua' in this unspeakable accent." They mocked through laughter. It was really stupid, but still made Dick a little mad.

The bird clenched the pencil in his hand tighter, trying to do anything but listen to them.

They soon left the words and just started talking in the horrible impression. Just going on with day to day stuff in that offensive tone.

As Dick was about to lean over and yell at one the bell rang. The bird sighed, trying to stow away his anger for another day.

But that hurt. He had that accent for a long time.

And there they were.

Playing it on their tongues, pretending to be natives.

Dick walked through the halls, squeezing the straps of his bag so he didn't snap. He ran into Barbara in the halls, she put her hand up for a high five. Dick didn't raise his hand back, just kept the scowl on his face.

Barbara noticed, "What's wrong?" She asked concerned.

Dick sighed. "Just people being stupid."

"Hey Dickie, how was–" Bruce started, not looking away from his paper. He was interrupted by his son stomping as he quickly went up to his room.

Bruce looked up at Alfred, wanting any sort of explanation.

Alfred shrugged, "He looked very upset the whole ride, Master Bruce. I advise you go and speak with him to figure out what is the matter." Bruce nodded and promptly went upstairs.

As Bruce was about to knock on the door he heard harsh breathing and a smash. Worried, Bruce broke down the door.

Only to see his son breathing heavy in the middle of a pile of glass.

Dick stood their, a scowl still in his face. "Sorry, Bruce." He spat. Bruce rose an eyebrow at the tone, he hadn't done anything wrong had he?

The avian took a deep breathe, "Sorry. I'm not mad at you. Just stupid people at school."

"Oh alright." Bruce nodded as he moved to sit on the boy's bed, avoiding the glass obviously. Dick soon followed.

"What happened?" Bruce asked, feeling how tense the boy was. Bruce put a hand in Dick's hair, gently playing around with the ebony strands. Dick relaxed a bit, but was still pretty tense.

"We're were learning about Romania today in English. And we had to look over some common phrases and we watched a quick video so we could here the accent. I know it all of course and it was kind of funny listening to everyone try to pronounce certain words. But then these kids started trying to impersonate the accent." Dick punched his bed, anger boiling up again.

Bruce remembered how kids used to make fun of Dick's accent back before he hid it with his American one. Dick used to love it before he was teased for it.

"And they were awful at it! They just kept saying meaningless phrases that were stupid in their stupid accents! They didn't stop throughout the day! I heard them! Just stalking about what they were gonna do later! Still talking in their dumb accents!" Dick began to shout, body shaking with anger.

Bruce wrapped an arm around the boy, rubbing small circles on his arm. Trying to do something to calm him down. Dick didn't get mad often, but when he did, it was usually pretty bad and he ended up breaking things.

Or in this case more things.

"You know they're all just idiots. Don't let it get to you." Bruce smiled, Dick looked back at him and sighed, a small smile finding its way back to its usual spot.

"The teacher tried saying a phrase too, that was pretty funny." Dick chuckled.

"What'd she say?"

Dick chuckled again. "She thought she said 'where there's a will there's a way' but said 'where's the toilet."

Part of this actually happened to me. Just the making fun of an accent part, there was no missused phrases.

It was good inspiration for this chapter though!

HAVE A STAR STELLAR DAY WEEK MONTH AND YEAR!

(Also any and all Romanian words were provided by a website I found with common Romanian phrases. I do know know Romanian. Don't forget to leave suggestions! Bye bye!)