The nightmare is his memories

Six months later... [Author: Oho ho~ very fast]

"It's been six months and JianZi has been updating to me what is happening at the capital. But this sudden changes is making me anxious. This is too sudden...is it TianZi?"  Xi Youran was currently resting and right now laying under a tree. The wind is making her sleepy but her mind is full of thoughts that keeping her awake. Unfortunately, Xi Youran lost to the sleepiness and so she falls asleep comfortably on the soft green field. 

"Don't! let her go! no!" Xi Youran was dreaming the same dream again. Lately, it occurred so many times. Because of this damn dream, sometimes Xi Youran eats a sleeping pill because this dream is vague and unclear. But today seems like Xi Youran finally understand what is the dream about. This is part of Grandpa Yan Memories. 

[XI YOURAN'S DREAM]

"Mu Fei..." The girl called for Grandpa Yan. Xi Youran finally knows the old man real name. The girl was left naked on the cold hard ground while the man called Mu Fei is helplessly tied down on the ground watching how the girl being violated by the bandits. 

"Ling Xi...No! Let her go! No more! Please!" The bandits keep pounding into the girl womanhood. Xi Youran who was standing there with them but cannot do anything couldn't help but cry so hard. "Stop this! I do not want to watch this anymore!" Xi Youran was trying to wake herself up but it's like the memories are becoming one with her. That girl called Ling Xi was tearing but never did once she make any sound that showing how much pain she received from the sexual inflicted onto her. But that was before someone suddenly shoved his dick into her ass. Blood is coming out from the sudden action by the bandits. 

"I-it's hurt! Stop it!" That Ling Xi girl was crying in pain. That man called Mu Fei was so angry and struggled to help the girl but he was kicked on the stomach. He has beaten again and again until he passed out. Suddenly Xi Youran's sight becomes black and the next thing she saw is Ling Xi and Mu Fei was hugging each other. Xi Youran cannot help but curious about what happened after that. 

"It's better for us to be apart-" Xi Youran woke up from her dream and sat up to see that she was inside her bedroom. Hui was sleeping beside her in his beast appearance. She looks around again and saw the old man was standing by the window while looking at the starry night sky. 

"Grandpa Yan..." The old man turned around and smile. Xi Youran gets out from her bed and approached him slowly. Her body feels like there's a big boulder fall on her. Xi Youran didn't make any sound and just stand beside him. 

"Your real name is Mu Fei? The legendary alchemist?" Xi Youran heart sank when she reminds of the dream. 

"Perhaps it's time to tell you" The old man let out a long sigh and looked straight into her eyes. Xi Youran was crying and the tears make the old man look pained. 

"How far did you see?" Xi Youran told him the dream she's been having lately as the old man's eyes turned so sad. 

"Ling Xi and I was a childhood sweetheart. We never had the chance to ties the knot between us. As what you see through your dream, what happened on that day was, I decided to go to the back of the mountain which is here, to find wild herbs but Ling Xi insisted on coming along which is not appropriate for a man and woman to be alone in a mountain not to mention at that time, I am his sister current fiance but I don't love her sister. I allowed it but what happens is what did you saw in your dream. We were ambushed and turns out all of it was planned by the Ling family to taint my reputation as the genius scholar in the capital" Mu Fei [Grandpa Yan] stopped talking for a moment before continues his story. 

"We were found after a week and all the blames fall on me so I was exiled and I started living here since then. All that happened doesn't make sense but at the end, we parted away. We decided to walk on our own path and because of what happened I continue to cultivate on top of being an alchemist. But one thing happened to me after the incident but I tried to ignore it but soon it becomes worse. My memories faded slowly, and when I realized it, it was already too late. I forget about her. For the time I become an alchemist, I started to write it on a paper and compile it into a book so I won't forget what I have been working on" Xi Youran asked what happened to the girl, Ling Xi. 

"Ling Xi? She was humiliated for being a whore and disowned but that was actually what her family planned because Ling Xi is a daughter from a maid that her father rape. Then at that time, My memories have started to fades away when she comes to me but what happened is I don't remember her. For these past months with you, I often wandered because I am hoping to see her again but I realized I am not here anymore neither Ling Xi. I really wanted to tell her that I love her but I never had the chance" Then Xi Youran remember the first dream she had about the old man. 

"That night, Xi Youran was dreaming a very peaceful yet sad dream. But she wasn't inside the dream. It's about a man and women in the midst of snowy mountain. 'I will never forget who you are but I may just forget your name in the middle of trying to find you' The women walked away leaving the man. Her silhouette disappeared from Xi Youran's sight as the man in front of her looked so sad. " Now it all connected and Xi Youran falls on her knees. The old man has long realized that his memories cannot last long and thus he keeps rejecting Ling Xi confession by saying 'I had someone that in my heart'. Xi Youran cried over Mu Fei suffering. It suffocating her, the sadness inside her heart become ones with her hatred of being weak. 

That night, Xi Youran was crying and fall asleep then when the morning comes to,  a group in a black cloak with a weird mask surround them. Xi Youran haven't recovered from the long night talk last night and today she had to face a very terrible experience.