Be Okay

Emma's POV
I woke up with a pounding headache. I rubbed my eyes and took in my surroundings, remembering that I was in a hotel. I looked over at the alarm clock next to me and realized it was 4 am. I decided that I would just get up and start the day early. I heard my phone go off and when I checked what it was I nearly threw up. My iCloud had been hacked while I was asleep and now all my photos and videos were floating around twitter. Most of the content was of me and Ethan, which wasn't a huge deal, I mean we eventually were going to tell the fans, but one thing stuck out in particular. It was a video, however, when I first glanced at the thumbnail I couldn't make out what it was. I pushed play and to my horror I found out it was the video from the party. It must've gotten backed up to my iCloud when I got my phone fixed. I watched in disbelief as Logan took advantage of me. For most of the video I was unconscious, but the times that I wasn't I was crying and begging for him to stop. I watched him hit me, throw me, and discard of me. I was a piece of trash to him. When the video ended I was in tears. The first time Logan sent it to me I didn't watch it because it was too painful to relive. I knew what had happened was bad, but watching that video made me physically sick. I ran to the bathroom and started to violently throw up. All the memories of that night began to cloud my head. All the pain he projected onto me, the loneliness I felt when I got home, and the threat he made to me if anyone ever found out. Fuck, the threat. What was he going to do now that the video was all over the internet. Granted, he was wearing a mask, but if you looked hard enough you could figure out it was Logan. He was going to kill me, I was actually going to die. I swiped opened to messages and sure enough the unknown number had texted me again. "Who the fuck leaked that video? I swear to God if it was you Emma I will not hesitate to kill you. FUCK YOU bitch." He sounded angry and I couldn't help but be terrified. I looked at the comments and people were starting to unravel who was under the mask. Within mere minutes Twitter started blowing up with the video of me and and Logan. Most of the comments were of people disgusted by Logan's actions, and I mean, they were right it, really was his fault. However, there were a few that caught me off guard.

"Whoa didn't know she was that much of an alcoholic, should've been more careful."
"What did she expect? She was blacked out."
"It was her fault."
"What a slut."
"Ethan deserves better."
"She can't really come back from this, might as well just end it. Ethan would appreciate it."
"Cheater."
"Skank."
"Lying bitch, hope Ethan breaks up with you."
"Hope Logan does it again."

The comments were enough to make me retreat back to the bathroom to empty my stomach. How could people be so hurtful? Couldn't they see I was begging him to stop, I didn't want any of it. I checked my messages again and saw that I had a few from Ethan and my friends. He sounded desperate to find me but I couldn't tell him where I was. I was such a burden to him. How was I going to face him now, I bet he saw the video and thinks the same as everyone else. I don't know how I am ever going to live this down. He would be better off without me. I mean, I am such an emotional mess, I have so much baggage. I feel like I'm too needy and he worries so much, I can't keep stressing him out over my shit. I loved him so so much, more than life itself , and if that meant I needed to leave in order for him to be happy then I was going to do it. I packed up my things and checked out of the hotel. I got in my car and started driving again, not knowing where I was going or when I would stop. All I knew was that I needed to get out of California, I couldn't be here anymore. I had too many connections and I couldn't risk being found.

Ethan's POV
I was at a loss for words when I was watching the video. My little baby Emma was draped, completely unconscious, on someone's bed. Then a masked figure appeared and held her down, not listening to her pleads for help. I wanted to scream. The anger in me was boiling, I was going to fucking murder whoever did this to her. I started to read the comments and it didn't take long for people to point out who it was, it was Logan Paul. I must've been scaring James and Grayson because I was brought out of my head by a hand rubbing my back. "E, you need to calm down, you're scaring us," Grayson said, looking down at me. "I think what's best is to figure out a plan on how to find Emma and make sure she's okay," James added. We went into the living room and started throwing out ideas of where she might have gone. "Do you think she went back home?" James asked. "I highly doubt it, she doesn't tell her parents anything, especially if it's bad," I said, knowing Emma she probably got in her car and started driving without thinking of where she was headed. "I'm so fucking frustrated," I said while standing up," I have no clue where she is and she isn't answering any of my texts." "Did she read them?" Grayson asked. "I doubt it, she probably shut off her phone." "Look and see if she read them," he said again. "Why--," Grayson cut me off before I could finish, "just look." I opened our messages and saw that Emma read them at 4 in morning. "She read it this morning around 4," I said, looking up at Gray. "Okay that means she probably has her phone on," he said looking at James and I. "And...." I motioned for him to continue. "If her phone is on we can probably track her location," he stated. I opened our shared locations and sure enough she still had her location shared with me. My guess is that she forgot it was even on, but I thanked God that it was. We all jumped into Gray's car and followed the arrows. I was confused where she was going, because by the looks of it she was headed towards Oregon. "I think she's trying to leave California," I said, causing James and Gray to look at me, "she headed towards Oregon." She must have been driving for a while to get as far as she did. I hoped that she would stop and take a rest soon so we could gain some miles on her, but at the same time I didn't want her to stop. I worried for all the people that would try and come up to her, especially now that she was front and center on all social media platforms. But most of all, I worried that someone was going to hurt her again. "Is there any way to get to Oregon faster?" I said, looking over at Gray. "I can try the side roads to avoid some traffic, but for the most part we have to stay on the freeway." We cut an hour off our time by avoiding rush hour traffic and were steadily gaining speed on Emma. "I looks like she stopped in Florence, Oregon," I said, pointing to the map on my phone. "Perfect," Gray said, "That's right off the 101, hopefully she stays there." We had just passed by San Francisco which meant we had at least another 6 hours until we would be there. I prayed that she was resting at a little hotel somewhere, I needed her to be okay.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: second update, swag! Things are about to get intense! Let me know your thoughts! Thanks for reading!!!!

Word Count: 1420