Are You Sure You're Okay?

I was in a dark room, no windows, no walls, just complete and total emptiness. A flash of light circled the room and suddenly I heard a voice,"Hey pretty princess," it laughed. I felt shivers run down my spine. A cold hand grabbed my arm and threw me to the ground, punching me over and over again. I tried to scream, run, escape, anything, but I was paralyze. My mind yelled at me to say something, but I couldn't control my body. The man whispered in my ear, "Missed me?" he started to laugh and I realized who it was... it was Logan. He grabbed my throat and pulled me further into the darkness when ---

Emma POV
I shot out of bed, my heart beating out of my chest. "It was just a dream," I reassured myself. I wished everything that happened last night was a dream, but it wasn't. I looked over at my clock and realized it was 4 pm, "Fuck, Ethan's probably been trying to call me," I thought. I searched my room for my phone and found it shattered next to my wall. I tried turning it on, but it was hopeless. I grabbed my laptop and watched as text after text came through.

"Hey baby text me when you're up so we can talk, I miss you!"
"I wanna hear about the party! I know David throws some bangers!" "Holy shit you sleep forever, lol"
"You good baby?"
"Emma?"
"Seriously Emma, are you okay?"
"Please answer me"
"Baby?"
"Nobody has heard from you today, are you sure you're good?" "Emma I'm getting concerned..."
"Please answer baby otherwise I'm coming to find you"

He sent that last text minutes ago so I quickly responded with, "Hey bby I just woke up and shattered my phone so I'm going to get a new one. Sorry I worried you." It was kind of cute how much he cared, but I would've felt terrible if he booked a flight back here only to find me passed out in my bed. My laptop dinged with Ethan's response, "Oh thank god you're okay. Shit Em you scared me. Can we facetime soon, I miss your beautiful face." I blushed at his text, as much as I despised myself, he always made me feel like the prettiest girl in the world. It's so crazy how we just became 'official' secretly lol, but I can't imagine life without him. I mean, I felt that way ever since I met him, but even more now that we're together. "Yes, but in a few hours, I'm going to Apple soon to either get my phone fixed or a new one!" I looked down at my broken phone and sighed, "Fuck Emma, learn to control yourself." I went to the bathroom to get ready and was startled by my reflection. I had blue and yellow bruises covering my arms with fading scratches in between. The bruise around my eye had transformed into a deep purple and the cuts on my arm were a fiery red. There was so many of them, I didn't realize how out of control I was last night. My whole right arm was covered with slashes. How the fuck was I going to cover this up? The body was easy, I cleaned out the wounds and put a bandage wrap on on the entirety of my right arm. I then grabbed some leggings and a hoodie to conceal it all. From the collarbones down I looked completely normal, but the rest of me looked like I had just fallen off a cliff. My neck had bruises from Logan's hand and after countless attempts of covering them with foundation I gave up. I rinsed it off and decided to put a turtleneck on under the sweatshirt. Thankfully, it was still chilly outside so the outfit wasn't too out of place. I brushed my hair and straightened it, hoping to use it as a shield. I took a look at my face and started to sob, I had no idea how to hide the fucking bruise. I searched my makeup cabinet and found some heavy duty stage-makeup foundation James had left at my house. I took the bottle out and prayed that it would work it's magic on me. I gently rubbed the foundation over my bruise and was pleasantly surprised by the outcome. It didn't cover everything, but it did a damn good job and at the very most I looked like I hadn't slept in a few days, which as normal for me. Before heading out I quickly texted Ethan to let him know I would call him when my phone was fixed. I grabbed my wallet and keys and headed for my car.

Lucky for me the Apple store was pretty dead when I arrived. "Hello what brings you in today?" asked a friendly employee. "I shattered my phone screen and was wondering if it could be replaced or if I need a new phone," I said while handing it to him. "Let me get you all set up in our system and then I'll have out techs look at it, you can sit over there," he said, pointing over to the genius bar. I found a seat and looked around the room to try and pass the time. After a while I started to zone out, but was quickly awaken when someone said, "OMG you're Emma Chamberlain, right?" I looked over and saw a few excited girls looking back at me. "Uh yeah," I laughed, "how are you guys doing today?" "AHHH great, especially now! Could we get a picture???" they nervously asked. "Yes of course," I said while getting up to hug them. We took a few pictures and by the time we were done the employee had come back with my phone. "Surprising we were able to fix it, but we had to return it to factory settings so you'll have to set it up again. No worries though, everything on it was backed up to your iCloud account, so nothing should be lost." "That's perfect," I said, giving him a small smile. "Great, is there anything else I can help you with?" he asked. "No I think this is all," I said, "thank you."

When I was back in my car I turned on my phone and started to set it up. I ended up only importing my contacts and a few apps too leave more space."Got my phone fixed!!!" I excitedly texted Ethan. "That's great babe, facetime me?? I miss you too much," he replied. "I will as soon as I get home, I miss you moreee."

When I got home I ran up to my room and jumped into my bed. I had been stressed all day about having someone see my bruise in public that I was exhausted. I took a quick scroll through twitter when something caught my eye. It was the photo of me and the group of girls from Apple, except you could see part my bruise. Some of my makeup must have smeared while I was waiting, because a line of dark purple peaked out from under my eye. All the comments mentioned it, wondering if I was okay or what had happened. Before I knew it the photo had gone viral and tea accounts were starting to make rumors that I was being abused. As I swiped out of the app I got a text from Ethan. "Hey are you sure you're okay? What happened to your eye? Did someone hurt you at the party?" I could tell by the message he was concerned and I didn't know how to lie to him. I had to though, I had no choice. "Yes E, I'm totally fine," I responded, hoping he wouldn't see through me. Seconds later my phone lit up, it was an incoming facetime call from Ethan. Fuck.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: thank you for all the reads!!! I'll be updating again later tonight!! Love you all xx

Word count: 1344