25 | Join me in a dance

The hall was filled with music, teenagers dancing and talking amongst themselves while the Avonlea Charitable Funds buckets were overflowing. It was an amazing turn out this year, so many had come in support of the small Canadian town.

In the center of the dance floor was a breathtakingly gorgeous Blonde in an Elegant White dress with blue trim and puffed sleeves. She was absolutely ravishing, everyone thought so. Josie danced for quite a long time with Gilbert, truly having fun. They were both smiling and laughing with each twirl and lift. They were the Golden pair. It was magical.

Near them was an incredibly more clumsy couple with just as much heart and enthusiasm.

"Charlie I don't think that's how the dance goes." Diana said in-between giggles while he continued to poorly twirl her around the floor. Diana knew in her heart she wouldn't have it any other way.

Off in the corner sat a puffy faced Anne Shirley Cuthbert. Earlier in the day Diana dragged her along, protesting that it was for the good of Avonlea. She was in a beautiful emerald dress she hoped Gilbert would notice, but he hadn't glanced at her once. He was so mortified at what she had said to him, that merely looking over at Anne set him off. He would shout or Cry or doze off. It was incredibly unhealthy, but Josie helped him through it.

Anne starred off into the distance, imagining herself in a far off land, battling dragons and protecting the snow queen, it was all quite glorious until she was interrupted.

A tall Handsome boy with straight black hair slicked back had approached Anne. She had never seen him before, he intrigued her.

"Hello, I'm new to town, I saw you sitting here and couldn't stop myself from asking you to dance. Would you?" Annes jaw metaphorically dropped at the question.

"That sounds lovely doesn't it? A new handsome boy asks the girl all alone to dance. It like something from a story book!" Anne exclaimed excitedly. They boy just stood there.

"Yes I would like to dance." She said quickly. Biting her tongue. The pair walked onto the floor with everyone else and assumed position.

"I'm Anne, with an E." She stayed promptly.

"Roy Gardner, pleasure to meet you." Anne nodded kindly.

"So Mister Gardner, where did you move from?"

"Well, my family and my friends family just moved from Dawson City. My father's heard there are great business prospects in the town of Avonlea. And call me Roy, please." Anne nodded once again, feeling a familiar gaze on her back.

"Is your friend here tonight?"

"Yes that's him over there. Fred, Fred Wright. We should be starting school on Monday."

"Well you've already made one friend."

It's a short one but an important one