17 | Charity Ball

"Charity?" Ruby Gillis snidely commented on Miss Stacey's announcement. The students had condemned looks on their faces. Some were excited about the dance but others weren't so thrilled.

"Oh cheer up it's a dance!" Miss Stacey professed. Some demeanors shot up, but the bubbly red heads fell down to the ground. "Diana.." Anne whispered while Miss Stacey continued in with the lesson.

"I'm not sure I'll be able to afford it. If you have to pay upon entry, I'm not sure marilla would allow it." Diana shoe a sympathetic smile at her best friend. "I'm sure we'll figure something out." Anne brightened up. "Besides a certain gentleman would be immensely disappointed if you weren't there." She teased.

"Diana would you stop it!" Anne commanded before they burst into giggles. "Girls! Y'all are being to distracting! Separate at once!" Miss Stacy demanded. The girls sighed and Anne switched with Ruby. "No that won't do, Anne, Moody please switch." Anne scoffed. 'Sitting on the boys side?' She thought it was despicable.

Anne huffed while dragging her feet all the way across the classroom, hoping Miss Stacey would change her mind last minute. But she didn't, and Anne day next to Kyle for the remainder of the day, dreading every second.

Towards the end of the day, Anne had an idea that shot thrills down her spine. Over the weekend she had hoped to invite a few people over for a Christmas party. She hadn't run the idea by the Cuthbert but she surely hoped they would agree to it.

She walked home with Diana gleefully, making sure to remember the idea as soon as she arrived. The girls parted ways and Anne sprinted the rest of the way home. Much to Marillas dismay.

Sorry for such a short chapter. And sorry it took so long. Yikes. Ya girls been actually having a social life. Shocking I know, however it's been so dramatic, I now remember why I don't hang out with people. Someone dm me o have tea