Aries Season

Sammy had his arm slung around my waist when I woke up. I hadn't slept that hard in weeks and I was very glad to be next to my best friend. I turned my back to him so I could be the little spoon, he pulled me close to him as he slept. It was my birthday and I was feeling a little anxious about seeing Joshua for the first time in days. We hadn't spoken and he was certainly unaware of what was still happening between his younger brother and me. I felt Sammy's breath quicken on the back of my neck, he must have been having a bad dream, he was like a puppy. I squeezed his hand, lovingly, hoping it would ease him awake from his nightmare. Sammy woke up and pulled me closer, tickling my side. "Sammy stoooop!" I whined "Happy birthday, little one!" He said before giving me a big sloppy kiss on my cheek. I pretended to be grossed out and wiped his kiss off which made him push me playfully.
"I have your second present!" Sam said excitedly jumping out of bed. "What was my first?" He wiggled his eyebrows at me and mouthed the word "dick." I rolled my eyes. We always tried to get each other records for our birthdays and Christmas so I assumed he would get me a Jazz classic, since we had just talked about the lack in my collection. Sam instructed me to close my eyes and and hold out my hands so I did as I was instructed. I was handed a much smaller box than the normal flat square present we give each other. I looked at him puzzled, "This is not a record." "Nope! Just open it." Sammy replied. I unwrapped the gift and opened the small box the gift came in, pulling out a gold chain with a little ram embossed on a gold coin hanging from it. It was beautiful and so thoughtful. We were both Aries and I still sent him our monthly horoscope to share what our month had in store. I grabbed Sammy tightly and kissed him on the lips "I love it so much, Samuel, thank you!" I handed him the necklace and he put it on my bare neck, it hung low between my breasts, it would be perfect when I was actually dressed.
After a quick stop for breakfast we made our way back to our hometown, my anxiety spiking as we came closer to our exit. Josh and I had been the ones sneaking around only a couple of weeks ago and now it's Sam and I. I can't be a stupid drunk tonight and give away all of my secrets like I did in Sawyer. Josh may not want me anymore but I think he would still be angry if he found out that we're still together. I opened Instagram and saw hundreds of notifications. The picture from last night was posted by one of the girls and then reposted many times by fan accounts. A lot of people were making comments about how slutty I looked or that they had met me at a show here or there and was rude to them, all untrue, of course. I had a lot of followers because of my relationship to the band and things like this just made me roll my eyes. I told Sammy about the photo and he glanced at me from the drivers seat "I didn't really tell my brothers what I was up to and I was too drunk last night to think about how it would look to have a photo taken with you in AA." Sammy sounded concerned but I didn't really think it would be a problem because Josh never checked Instagram and we were best friends before this situation, this wasn't entirely unusual, us being alone together and all. It was better I didn't worry about it, the whole situation stressed me out.
We pulled up to my house and I gave him a kiss before grabbing my bag and going inside. Sam drove down my driveway and back home. I walked into my house and my parents were standing there with balloons and a cake singing happy birthday. I unwrapped a new Luna Ukulele that I had asked for and gave them big hugs. I went upstairs and sat my things down so I could break out my new Uke. It had abalone inset around the sound hole and on the fretboard, it sounded as beautiful as it looked. My phone started ringing so I glanced at it, it was Josh, finally. I quickly answered "Hey Joshy!" I said, maybe trying to sound too sweet. "Hey Sunshine, happy birthday! Can I come over, I feel like we need to actually talk." He sounded normal and kind, it made my heart happy to hear. I agreed and he was over about 15 minutes later. He gave me a kiss on the cheek and I hugged him tightly, I missed him very badly. I showed him my new Ukulele and he asked to play it. He sat down and started playing and singing the song I didn't recognize from the day I was at rehearsal but it wasn't fully formed that day. The song was about a girl he loved, she was the universe and her hair was sunshine. The song was for me, the song was about me and it was beautiful. "Did you write all of this, J?" I asked, tears brimming in my eyes. "I certainly did, do you like it?" I shook my head yes and hugged him tightly around his waist, laying my head on his chest, listening to his heart beat. "Happy birthday, love." Josh whispered. He stroked my hair and we sat like that for what felt like forever. He loved me back and I was clearly back at square one. Is it possible to love two people? It was proving to be very possible.