Preparation can fail

[i changed a bit of the details from my original plan. But that's okay. I just want to end this story so I can have a completed one.]

In the morning when Riley woke up Lucas had both girls in his arms and looked happier than expected having made a mistake. But he didn't think of it as a mistake, he thought of it as a blessing in disguise.

"Morning." Riley said. Reaching for one of the girls.
"Hey." Lucas replied.
It was just them in the room. Riley's parents were at home with Auggie and Maya hadn't come in yet.
"Can I hold one." Riley asked stretching further.
"Yeah." He said handing her the second born.
"We need to think of names." Riley said.
After a few moments of silence Lucas spoke up, "For her I was thinking maybe Hazel, because her eyes are hazel. I even have a middle name. Grace. I have a strong religious belief and I just think it fits her. So how about Hazel Grace?" He asked.
She thought for a minute.

"I love it!" She finally said. "Can I hold the other one. I feel so bad. I didn't mean for it to happen. I don't want her to know the truth about it though. She needs to think she was born in the hospital." Riley explained.
"I don't think that's right. Shouldn't she be able to know where and when she was born? It gives her character. We can wait to tell her until she's older, but I don't think we should completely keep it from her." Lucas argued handing the firstborn to Riley while taking Hazel back.
Riley didn't answer she just admired her baby. After awhile she had a look like she needed to say something.
"What is it?" Lucas asked.
"Skyla." Riley said.
"Skyla? What are you talking about?" He returned confused.
"That's her name. Skyla." Riley said.
"Why do you say that?" Lucas asked.
"Her eyes. They're so blue!" she answered.
"What about a middle name. I think it's perfect, you don't hear about many Skylas." He said.
"Elizabeth. Skyla Elizabeth." Riley answered plainly. When she talked she never looked away from her baby's face. She stared in awe. Topanga and Corey walked in.
"Why Elizabeth?" Lucas asked.
"Because it's my moms middle name too." Riley answered looking at her mom when she said this.
Topanga was shocked. She wasn't expecting this. She was totally in love with the idea.

"What are we talking about?" Topanga asked like she didn't already know.
"The girls have names." Riley said.
"Skyla Elizabeth and Hazel Grace." Lucas said quickly.
"Mommy, they have names so can I go home?" Riley asked.
"You should be able to, but we need to know why you delivered early first." Topanga answered.

Just then the doctor walked in.
"With the tests we've run, the reason you delivered is because of the stress on your body from the twins. They were just ready to meet you!" The doctor informed them.
"So I can go home today?" Riley asked her.
"No. Tomorrow. We have to make sure the babies organs and lungs mainly are strong enough. We have several tests. We'll do them throughout the day and come back with results after each test." The doctor explained.

At Maya's house she was sitting in her rocking chair in her sons nursery. She was still getting practice contractions. So she thought.
"Mama, I've been having Braxton Hicks all day and all last night too. Is that normal?" Maya asked Katie.
"Yes. It's your body getting ready to deliver. The doctor said any time now." Katie answered.
"I know. I just don't think I'm ready." Maya said.
"You'll never be fully ready until you're given the push. That push is those babies being born. Then you'll be ready." Katie explained.
"I hope that's true. I have to pee." Maya said getting up and going to the bathroom. When she stood up her water broke. She felt warm and wet all at the same time.
"Shawn!" Katie called.
Maya didn't know what to do. She was frozen.

[after your water breaks even if you're only 2 centimetres dilated the hospital has to keep you. Because you can progress so quickly after your water breaks that you might not have time to get there.]

Shawn and Katie guided Maya to the car to take her to the hospital.

They arrived at the hospital and went in. Maya was immediately taken back to a delivery room and checked to see how many centimetres dilated she was. She was at 8.
"When did your contractions start, hon?" A nurse asked.
"I guess last night. I thought they were the practice ones." Maya answered. Katie called Topanga and Topanga informed Riley.
"Mom let Riley know I'm here. Can you also call Josh. He doesn't seem like he wants to be a dad but I at least want to give him the choose to be here." Maya directed.
Katie made the calls but the labor was moving to fast.
After hours of pushing Maya was holding a baby boy and a little girl.
Josh came rushing in about thirty minutes after maya had delivered.
"Damn! I missed it!" He said.
"Yeah. You're a little late. Not even a little late. You're a lot late. I pushed for hours. She was stuck for a little bit. Now you get to pick the names." Maya said.
"Done. I have one for her." He said.
"Okay?" Maya said not impressed.
"Emma Noelle." He answered.
"Okay. The last name is gonna be Hart too. No arguments. You haven't helped since I told you I was pregnant. You haven't shown anything to tell me you want to be their father. I'm not going to let you in their lives just for you to turn around and walk out. So if you have no interest then leave now. But if you stay then prepare to stay for the next eighteen years." Maya explained.

"I have a name for our son." She said more calmly.
"Jeremiah Logan Hart." She continued.
"I love it!" He said. "I thought I was supposed to pick the names?!" He asked.
"Well we both had one. So there you go. Are you staying?" She asked him. Katie and Shawn left to give the new family space. There was nothing that could happen that was worse than what already happened.

The next day
Maya and Riley went to each other's rooms to see their babies.
"Skyla and Hazel! I love it!" Maya said.
"Emma and Jeremiah! I would've never been able to pick such perfect names." Riley answered. They were both about to leave the hospital.

The teen families lived with their parents. They stayed together. Topanga was still pregnant but scheduling the delivery of the triplets. The two sets of twins were happy and healthy and were beginning their lives in a good place. Topanga and Corey had bought everything for the girls while Riley was in the hospital.

This was a new beginning that was the start of a new life chapter. Happy families and happy babies.