Dreading

By the time anyone got back home to Riley's apartment, Lucas had left. In everyone's minds nothing had happened. Riley much like Maya knew it was a mistake. But she didn't know just how much of one.

A few hours later
Everyone had returned home. Riley stayed in her room in the window seat.

Maya walked in the room to get her stuff packed. She needed to go home.
"What's the matter?" Maya asked Riley who was now hugging a pillow tightly.
"Nothing." Riley responded.
It seemed as though the girls friendship was being impacted every time something different happened with a boy. They always stayed hush-hush until they were ready to spill.
"Okay. I gotta go. I'm gonna be a big sister!" Maya said.
"That's great." Riley said glumly.
"Look. I know I made a mistake. I'm paying for it. Please, don't do this now. You've had every chance to do it. It's been two weeks." Maya ranted.
"It's not you, Maya. It's me. I'm afraid I may have made the same mistake." Riley admitted.
"What do you mean 'might'" Maya interrogated.
"I mean might." Riley answered.
"Okay. Um..." Maya laid her stuff down and began pacing the room.
"It's different with me I'm not your parents kid. Was there protection used?" Maya asked.
"I don't even know what that is Maya. Look at me. I'm guilty and innocent. I didn't know what I was getting into." Riley defended.
"You need to call Lucas. If it was even Lucas." Maya said.
"It was Lucas." Riley replies quickly.
"Let's wait a few days. I'll buy you a pregnancy test to take and we'll go from there. I really have to go now." Maya said.
Halfway out the window Maya leaned back in.
"By the way it's twins." She said. Seeing a terrified look on Riley's face she added "it'll be okay. You have luck on your side. If your pregnant I'm sure your parents will be okay. We have to be more careful."

Riley sat there the rest of the night. She dreaded everything she had decided to do. What if she is pregnant? What's she gonna do? What will her parents think?