Reacting

Riley and Maya were shocked at the results of Riley's babies genders.

"It's two girls!" The doctor announced merrily.
"Oh my gosh. I'm gonna have two daughters. Maya, we gotta go tell Lucas." Riley said trying to rush to the door.

Another doctor entered the waiting room holding a piece of that had the father on it for Maya.
"Is that the— um..." Maya was at a loss for words.
"Is this the paper?" The doctor finished her sentence. "Yes. It is. Would you like to read it if do you want me to?" The second doctor asked.
"Um.. can I come back? I'll be back in less than an hour." Maya insisted.
"Sure." The staff agreed.
"Riley, let's go tell Lucas." Maya said grabbing Riley's hand.
Riley was pulled all the way to Lucas's driveway. They stood there and looked at the door from the end of the driveway.
"Riles, what are we waiting for?" Maya asked.
"Nothing. Let's go." She said beginning to walk to the stairs.
Maya knocked. Ms. Friar answered the door.
"Hey... girls. What can I help you with?" Ms. Friar asked with slight hesitation as she caught a glance of the girls' bellies.
"Is Lucas in?" Maya asked for Riley who was in shock.
"Yes. Let me go call him down." She said happily.
"I don't think she knows." Riley pointed out.
"Me either." Maya answered.
A few moments later they heard Ms. Friar hollering to Lucas who was assumingely upstairs. After that there was a short argument and then Lucas was standing in front of the girls.

Lucas looked at Maya then Riley, then back to Maya. He reached over and hugged Riley like he hadn't seen her in a year and he was a million miles away the whole time.
"Oh my gosh you're back!" He squeaked.
"I just came here to tell you, you're gonna have two daughters." Riley said plainly. She tried to walk off.
"No, no, no, no, no.  I'm not letting you go again." He said taking her hand. She was crying but trying not to let the tears fall.
"Hey! That's what I said." Maya realized.
She stood off to the side as Lucas held Riley and they both cried.
"I wish I had an amazing boyfriend like that." Maya said to herself.
As she stood there she notices Ms. Friar peeking through the curtains. She didn't say anything and she pretended that she didn't see her either. Maya began to wonder. Riley was pretty far along. Already five months and she told Lucas five months ago when she found out. He didn't tell his mom? Why?

To ease the traction Maya interrupted Riley.
"Riles, I told the doctors an hour. Can we go?" Maya pushed.
"Yeah." Riley said getting up off the porch step.
"Okay." Maya answered walking behind her, rushing her away from Lucas's house.
"To the doctor!..... Or back to the doctor." Their voices faded.
Meanwhile Lucas walked back in the house. His mom was right behind the door. She was furious.
"Do you know those girls?" She asked sternly.
"Yeah, mom. Riley's my girlfriend." Lucas said calmly.
"You know she's pregnant?  It'd better not be yours. I'll kill you, son." She said getting more and more stern.
Lucas looked to the ground he didn't know how he was gonna answer. So he did all he knew how to do. He told the truth.
"Mama, they're mine. Don't worry I'm going to pack my stuff." Lucas confessed.
"They're? There's more than one? Did you knock up that other girl too?" Ms. Friar was now yelling.
"No, mama! I'm not that stupid! I'm going to get my stuff to get out of your life. That's what you want, right?"  Lucas yelled.
"Haven't you ever made a mistake. What about dad where's he? Huh? What about Zachary? Was he a mistake, or was that just me?" Lucas was furious and almost in tears he was so mad.
"No, son. I've never made a regretful mistake like you have. Son, you're 17, that girls what 14 maybe 15 if I'm lucky." Ms.Friar said. She was much calmer now.
"They're sixteen, Mama. If you really want me out of your house then you have to let me go pack." Lucas said.
"Go on then. Nothins stoppin ya!" Ms.Friar said.
Lucas packed his stuff and headed out the door. He didn't know where he was going, but he had to find somewhere.

The girls had made it back to the doctors office.
"Maya Hart. I'm here for the paternity test results." Maya said to the receptionist.
"Okay. The doctor will be right out with the papers." She said a little too cheerfully.

Before too long the doctor walked through the door. Much like last time there wasn't anyone else there. They had scheduled all the appointments for early in the day.
"Maya, you wanna come back here with me?" He asked.
"Sure. Riley." She said stand up with Riley. They walked to the Doctors office in the building.
"Let's sit." Dr. Dean said.
"So the test were conclusive and the good news is there is only one father. I don't know which one you were hoping for, but the father of both of your babies is someone named Josh." Dr. Dean finished.
Maya had a sigh of relief.
"Okay. Thank you. See you in a couple of weeks?"
"Yep. Sounds like a plan."  Dr. Dean said.
The girls walked out.
"Are you gonna call josh now?" Riley asked Maya.
"Yeah." Maya said picking up her phone. 

On the phone
Maya: hey. I had the paternity done.
Josh: really?
Maya: yeah. Want the good news or the bad news.
Josh: good news. Always.
Maya: they're yours.
Josh: and the bad news?
Maya: they're yours.
Josh: that's not the worst thing in the world. We kinda suspected it. Now didn't we? All we need to do now is figure out what we're gonna do with us. Are we dating or was that just a friends thing?
Maya: I guess we're dating.
Josh: we're dating then. Look, I'm at work right now. I'll come over and see you later. Okay?
Maya: yeah. Okay. Bye.
Josh: Love you, kid.

They ended the phone call.

Fearfall जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें