Chapter 13 {R & Z}

"Yes," I told him as he put his guitar down. "You should definitely sing for a living."

His whole face lit up at my words. "Thanks."

"What was the song called?" I asked him, genuinely interested. "I never heard it before."

"No, because, I um, I wrote it." He fiddled with the rings on his fingers. "It's called Timelapse."

I stared at him, surprised. "You wrote it? All of it? By yourself?"

"Wow," I breathed out as he nodded. "That's amazing."

He chuckled, looking up at me from underneath his eye lashes. "It's really not that amazing."

I gaped at him. "Are you crazy?

He turned to me some more at my words.

"So, let me get this straight," I started off, counting on my fingers. "You have the Justin Bieber looks, you have a beautiful voice, you write your own songs and you play guitar. Why are you not famous yet?"

He pointed at me sharply. "Hey, I do not look like Justin Bieber. But thanks, anyway."

Both of us chuckled. "You wanted to be a veterinarian, right?" He asked after we quieted down.

A smile formed on my face at the fact that he had remembered that from my presentation, which had been over a week ago.

"I mean, I didn't understand any of it since it was in Spanish, but I guessed it from the pictures," he added, making me chuckle again.

"Yeah, you guessed right."

He copied my position on the bed, crossing his legs and facing me. "Tell me about that. Like, why do you want to be a veterinarian and not a doctor?"

It was nice talking to him like this. He appeared genuinely interested, sometimes asking questions but mostly letting me talk while he listened.

"But you're also into music?" He questioned after I told him all about my dream to help animals.

I nodded enthusiastically, which made him smile.

"So, do you play any instruments, or do you sing maybe?"

I chuckled lightly. "I sing for myself, when I'm alone. And my brother tried teaching me how to play guitar but I suck at it." I lifted my shoulders in a shrug. "I mainly enjoy other people making music."

A grin crept onto his face. "I can change that." He reached for his guitar again and put it on his lap.

"No," I chuckled nervously. "Seriously, I suck at it, I'm not kidding."

He rolled his eyes slightly. "Just wait and see." He took ahold of the guitar and grabbed the right chords. "Okay, so the first song my dad ever taught me to play was Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran, you know that song, right?"

I sighed at his stubbornness, even though I couldn't hide a smile. "Yes."

"Easiest song you'll ever play," he stated. "It's four chords. They don't change, and you repeat them the whole time. That's it. Look," he showed me the first chord, then the other three and then he played the song.

"Okay, your turn," he handed me the guitar.

I took it from him and hesitantly placed my fingers on the frets. "Like this?" I glanced up at him.

He smiled. "Yeah, exactly."

"Okay," I replaced my fingers, trying the second chord. I glanced up at him again, waiting for his approval.