Chapter 7 {R}

I watched Zach exit the Starbucks with a smile on my face, the empty cup in his hand as he made his way home.

I grabbed a cloth and started cleaning the counter. When the bell above the door rung, signalling that there was a new customer, I looked up and saw a tall, brown haired guy enter the coffee shop.

" 'sup Riles," Jonah greeted cheerily as he leaned his elbows on the counter.

I pretended to be surprised. "What on earth are you doing here? You don't even like coffee!"

He raised his eyebrows at me, chuckling. "No, I don't like coffee," he stated. "I love coffee."

I rolled my eyes at him smiling as I grabbed a cup and made him his favourite drink.

"How 'bout we go take a walk through the forest?" Jonah asked, following my movements with his eyes.

I put the lid on the cup and handed him the hot drink. "Yes, sounds good," I smiled, eyes lighting up. "My shift is done in five minutes."

"Perfect." He payed for his coffee and I cleaned some more before wrapping things up.

Exactly five minutes later I said goodbye to my colleagues and exited the shop while putting on my jacket.

It didn't take long before we reached the forest, both of us closing our eyes as we took in the scents, the sounds of birds chirping and rodents scurrying around.

For the first ten minutes, neither of us started up a conversation, Jonah sipping his coffee silently as we both enjoyed our peaceful surroundings.

The leaves crunched under our feet as we walked down the all familiar path that we had walked a thousand times before.

I breathed out a long, relaxed breath as I hooked my arm through Jonah's.

"I love this," I told him, even though he already knew that. "I love this place."

"Me too," he smiled, looking down at me. "Talking about love..." he trailed off, making me suspicious.

Raising my eyebrows questioningly, I looked up at him.

"Corbyn's going to ask Lexa out."

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open. "Really?! Are you serious?" I asked him, excitement spreading on my face.

Jonah nodded, his expression mirroring mine.

"Oh my God, when?"

"Tomorrow. I helped him with his plan, it's going to be great." Jonah's eyes were twinkling happily.

"That's about time," I chuckled lightly.

Me and Jonah had been shipping Clexa since they first laid eyes on each other and had tried to pair them up ever since. We weren't really smooth about it, as we always had Lexa sit next to him during lunch, or would lie saying we had plans when they asked to hang out, so they hung out with just the two of them instead.

When Corbyn told Jonah he liked Lexa, and Lexa told me she liked Corbyn a few days later, the both of us couldn't be happier.