Chapter 5 {R}

"Damn it," I cursed loudly.

I went with my hand through my hair, starting to freak out.  I couldn't get a completely shifted werewolf out of here alone, while all the hallways were filled with students who were having their lunch break. And even if I could, I still couldn't drive a car. And there was no way I was going to walk the streets with her like this.

I kept calling them. Jonah, Daniel, Corbyn and Jack, desperate for one of them to pick up.

"Yo, Riley, what's up? Is everything okay?"

A sigh of relief escaped my lungs as Corbyn was the one to finally answer his phone after I had called him over ten times, as well as all the others.

"No," I told him directly. "Lexa's losing control. Where the heck are you all? Someone has to take her home."

I heard stumbling on the other side of the phone. "We're right outside, we were playing lacrosse," Daniel's voice rang through my ears, concern clearly evident in his tone. "Where are you?"

"The girls locker room, hurry up," I answered quickly, not taking my eyes of Lexa who was slowly standing up, her werewolf side taking over.

"Don't worry, we're on our way." With those words he hang up the phone.

Lexa approached me with slow and threatening steps. I backed up, knowing that she didn't want to, but could attack me any second right now.

"Come on, Lex, hang in there a little longer," I told her, hoping she'd be able to contain herself until the others arrived.

When suddenly the door handle got pulled down, I jumped. Quickly, I spun around and unlocked the door, opening it for who I thought were Daniel, Jonah, Corbyn and probably Jack.

It wasn't any of them.

I cursed under my breath as I was met with Zachary Dean Herron's hazel eyes, while there was a werewolf right behind my back.

Within a second, I stepped outside of the locker room, pulling the door shut immediately after me, giving him no chance to look inside.

His eyebrows knitted together in a frown as I positioned myself between him and the door.

Why did he always have to show up out of nowhere, at times I really couldn't handle him?

"You know this is the girls locker room, right?" I asked him directly.

He shot out of his stare; he had clearly not expected to see me. "Oh... no, I didn't." For some reason, he didn't seem surprised about my statement at all. And if I remembered correctly, he had already been here with Jordan.

I flinched as a loud sound came from the room behind us, making Zach glance over my shoulder to try and see what was happening inside. It sounded like Lexa had just thrown her, or mine, school bag across the room, right against the lockers.

"What's going on in there?" Zach asked, reaching past me for the door handle. I didn't know why he was so eager to get in, but it didn't go by unnoticed.

"Nothing," I answered quickly, following his movements and blocking him.

He glanced at me, tilting his head somewhat suspiciously. "Where's your friend?"

I frowned at his question. Why was that important to him?

"She went home. She didn't feel good," I answered, at the same time thinking of a way to get him off the subject and make him leave. "What, uh, what were you looking for?"

It took him a lot of effort to focus on me instead of trying to figure out what was going on behind the door. He bit his inner cheek, turning his eyes to the ground. "Um, I, uh, was looking for the library."