28

From the depths of the Temple, Jerald had called to his son. Daelon's head had pivoted and his ears had perked as he heard his name being beckoned. Quickly he had returned his gaze to the lifeless form of his sister and the Hero. A grimace had become of his face as he could clearly see that he was not needed here. He could no longer help his sister—that would be the knight's ambition now, just as it was Xilivicus'. "... My father is calling me... will you two be alright?"

The Hero had tossed his gaze up with a nod. His arms had wrapped tightly around the maiden who sobbed gently into his chest as the memory of Broga now became scorched into the walls of her mind. Her chest heaved suddenly every once and a while as she was struck by those two piercing lustful eyes. Her own eyes clenched close as she attempted to shove the very thought of him from her; alas, it was futile. Just as Daelon had departed from the warmth of the room and closed the sliding door, the Hero had pulled back his head as he endeavored to look upon Elizabeth's face. His dense dark eyebrows fell over his shimmering woodland eyes as his soothing voice had called out to her, "... Elizabeth... I need you to tell me what happened."

Her nose had shifted a few times as she had sniffled a few sobs. Her head had drooped down as she leaned back and attempted to form the scenario into words. A trembling hand had lifted to wipe away freshly fallen tears. Her eyes were now red from all the sobbing she had done as she weakly answered his demand, "... I... I dreamed o-of Broga." Her eyes lifted and she could already see the malice swirling within her friend's eyes. "You... you had a dream o-of Xilivicus and... h-h-he told you things... w-which you couldn't imagine, right?" She seemed so desperate, the Hero had thought as he had replied with a head nod. "Broga... he... he came to me in my dream. He told me... this wasn't the l-last of Dagon. That he... he would return. I don't know how they could r-return with... with us so close to victory. A-after that... he..." her eyes became misty and they had clenched shut as she could not repress a frightened sob. Her head had lowered in embarrassment and she shoved her head into the man's chest as she gripped tightly at his tunic; frantic.

The Hero embraced her yet again in a way to calm her tattered senses and her fleeting cries. His eyes had narrowed as he looked upon such a beautiful disaster. What had he done to you, Elizabeth? He questioned himself as he opened his parched lips and uttered, "... I need you to tell me what happened."

"... He raped... me." Her head lifted and she looked at the Hero with such a great amount of fear. Her body was trembling all over as she could practically feel his strapping warm body pressed against hers. She could still feel his deep burgundy tongue run against the smooth porcelain curve of her neck. His fingertips still seizing her hips and fondling her bare body. "He raped me," she repeated miserably, "It felt so real—I...I could feel the pain and the heat. I could hear my heart crying out for myself to wake up, but I didn't. I... I only could lie there..." her eyes became misty again as she snarled, "I could only let that bastard have his way with me."

He suppressed the burning fits of anger that were blossoming on the dark side of his heart for now was not the time. He needed to show this Altmer maiden how much he cared and how much he had wanted to right the situation. His lips had pursed and he held the maiden even tighter in his arms. He could feel her fluttering heart beat out into his chest as their bodies were constricted together. He buried his face in her bare shoulder soon breathing his warm breath out upon her skin. Even though this action reminded Elizabeth of her nightmare, she could not help but to feel comforted by him. He became her guardian more and more with each passing moment that they were together. He guided her from the darkness and led her into the light so she was able to see that the world could offer so much more then just sadness. The maiden's fingertips loosened upon the fabric of his tunic and softly she began to caress his back. His back lifted and fell with each breath he took and gave off. His coiled golden hair held an aroma of wildflowers. Elizabeth had always loved this smell. Her eyes fluttered closed and for once in such a while it had appeared that her heart had been calmed. Her breaths gradually slowed and became serene. Her pouted pinked lips gave off a choppy profound sigh as she could feel all the worries begin to slip from her like heat in a wintry storm. Just as Elizabeth had thought this storm of inequities had subsided, she heard the Hero croak, "... I'll be leaving tonight to find Mankar Camoran."