11

The first rays of the sun began to pierce through the clouds and cause an array of fuchsia and golden colors to be painted across the heavens. Birds began to awake and twitter in the trees with excitement for a new day. Upon the rooftops of the Elven Gardens, Broga waited with agitated eyes. His black nails tapped across the limestone roof and he hissed fouled curses within his mind. How long should it take to capture a weak elf? An assassin tossed his eyes to the sky and he hissed in a dark hoarse voice, "Sir... its dawn... perhaps he had been slain."

"No," Broga snarled back while tossing his eyes up, "We would have seen guards walking in and out like mad." The commander shoved himself up onto his strong, yet sore, feet and he sighed deeply, "We must retreat to the sewers. If he comes out he will surely know where we are. Xion..."

The Assassin lifted his silver eyes and hissed, "Yes, sir?"

Broga glanced back to the tavern and he let out a profound sigh as he demanded, "Infiltrate and find out what happened to him."

Xion sheltered a wicked crazed smirk on his cracking bloody lips and he nodded, "It would be my honor, sir." He glanced down to the tavern and quickly ran to the edge of the roof. As he leapt off the building, a green swirl had encased his entire body and slowly he vanished within the air like a phantom. Broga grinned and backed up soon following his associates down the wall and into the sewers.

As one of the assassins propped upon the grate, he glanced up and questioned, "You don't think that he and the girl are..."

Broga's eyes lit up and nearly lit the assassin on fire who cringed and withdrew to some extent with alarm. The commander scoffed and snarled quietly, "For his sake... he better not be," the black Dremora leapt into the sewers and disappeared from the daylight.

Xilivicus lowered his head knowing that if they would give his face a closer look they would realize he was not what he pretended to be. He took a step back in anxiety as the guards and Jerald stood before him just like statues. The crystal eyes of the lord tore through the hood and attempted to unmask the man before him. "Well, Dunmer... I'm waiting."

The Churl's eyes lifted up slightly and the pupils began to disappear in a fiery pit. He didn't foresee getting caught at this point. He desired to return to Oblivion and tell Lord Dagon that he didn't wish to be a part of this mission. Therefore, he hadn't conjured up an excuse if he was detained. The Dremora's hand quivered beside his belt where a dagger was concealed. No—he couldn't hurt this man. It was Elizabeth's father. His hand relaxed and the cogs in his mind revolved around as he began to think.

Suddenly, Xilivicus had ripped himself through the air and tossed himself at one of the guards. He snarled as he launched his boot into the air and blasted the guard backwards. Jerald's eyes widened and he quickly moved out of the way for he was unarmored and carried no weapon. The guard collided with the wall harshly and the breathe was shoved out of his lungs. He choked and tried to breathe as his fellow guard unsheathed his sword and positioned himself. A sneer spread across his lips as he lifted the blade and swung it forward. Xilivicus quickly ducked and spun around sideswiping the guard with his heel causing a dent in the side of his armor. The Dremora crouched and watched as the first guard snarled soon regaining his balance. His feet shuffled across the floor as he darted forward attempting to tackle the criminal to the ground.

The guard forced himself upon the Churl and grasped his arms holding them behind his back making him fall upon his knees, "Continue to resist arrest and your life shall be forfeit!"

The Churl's eyes widened and he clenched his jagged teeth as he freed his arms from behind his back and thrusted his elbow into the guard's face. Bones broke and blood quickly rolled down the guard's lips as he nearly fell back upon his rear. Xilivicus was lifted back up to his feet and he turned and held his hands up rather to protect or destroy. The second guard sprinted forward and grunted as he lifted his sword and swiped fast and true. The blade pierced the Dremora's robe and flesh and Xilivicus stumbled back. Blood droplets formed and began to stain his robe. His head lifted and he prepared himself for the next swing.