14

Three weeks had passed since the assassins' attack in the Imperial Prison. The Asquerana family had found that the mansion they bought indeed was haunted; therefore, they moved their settlement out to an abandoned farm called Gweden. After a few hours at the farm, the Asquerana family found that there was a series of crimes and murders there, so they quickly sprinted back to Anvil and stayed in the 'Count's Arms'. The reunion of mother, father, daughter, butler and sons was a rather joyous one. Her eldest of brothers, Daelon, had long straight black hair that shined like oil. Part was braided and pulled back into an Elven bound hairstyle while the lower and longer part of his hair merely fell at his shoulder. His eyes were of amber, just like his mother. When he first caught sight of his sister his long sun kissed ears perked and he sprinted at her embracing her tightly. "Elizabeth...!" He wheezed in a faltering voice. "I-I... you're alive!"

The maiden grinned and hugged her brother's tall slender body back nearly wrapping her arms fully around him, "Yes, I'm alive."

Her other brothers were twins; Orrick and Caldwyn. Both were tall like Jerald with sandy blonde hair inherited mostly from their mother. Their eyes were moss color and there skin was nearly as pale as Elizabeth's skin. The twins grinned and walked over to either side of the girl wrapping their arms around her and taking turns to speak.

"We thought surely that you were dead!" Orrick chuckled.

"Looks like you proved us wrong!" Caldwyn laughed while messing up his sister's hair.

"How was Oblivion like? Was it scary? What did the Daedra look like?" Orrick questioned.

Caldwyn slapped away the questions with a groan, "It's Elizabeth we're talking about, brother! Surely, she fought off all those nasty brutes like they were only prairie rats!"

Daelon smiled and hugged Elizabeth the tightest. Being the oldest he took on the responsibility of looking after his younger siblings. The day that Kvatch was under siege and Jerald told him that Elizabeth was not coming with, he did all that he could to attempt to go and find her, but Bromus had to drag him through the secret passageway out of Kvatch.

As the brothers departed, Elizabeth looked ahead and saw the old friendly face of the Nord Butler. The girl smiled greatly and rushed over to him with wide arms. The two embraced and Bromus nearly sobbed onto her shoulder. Elizabeth's mother seemed the least pleased about her daughter's return. At sight, Mrs. Asquerana gave her daughter a weak smile and she turned back to her duties. Elizabeth's heart broke and Daelon quickly took Elizabeth away. He smiled as he showed her room in the tavern.

Daelon pushed open her door with a grin, "Orrick and Caldwyn got together and prepared your room for you. They... they knew you only liked to sleep upon down sheets and pillows and that you liked to have a glass of water by your bed."

Elizabeth walked in and held her hands before herself with a smile as she looked upon this beautiful room. There was a little roll of parchment on her bed that had her name on it. She walked over curiously and picked it up soon unrolling it. She blinked and smiled sweetly at what was upon it. Daelon chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck with a weak smile, "Orrick wanted to draw you a picture... and... I guess that's what he did."

Elizabeth looked at the picture of six elven blobs in a huddle as well as a Nordic blob. Surely, this was the Asquerana family. The girl's deep sea eyes shimmered as she looked upon this. Her family had changed so much. Once upon a time they were rude and hateful, but now they seemed to love and cherish each moment together. Daelon leaned upon the doorway and coughed, "... I overheard, father telling mother about what happened in the Imperial City... with the Daedra."

Elizabeth tilted her head to a side. Her eyes narrowed to catlike slits and she questioned casually, "Oh, and what had he said?"

Daelon furrowed his brow while walking inside the room. He wrapped his arms around his sister's neck, leaning his thin jaw upon the crown of her silver head. "... He just said that you had a close brush with assassins. It's absolutely insane that the Daedra are so absorbed into catching you. You're becoming one of the most known Altmer all over Cyrodiil!"