Chapter 39. Unexpected Visitor

Phoenix's POV

It's getting late 11:14 PM is what my alarm clock reads, then my phone rings it's a video chat from Harley. 

I sigh but answer it. "Hey." 

"Hi." She croaks.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask confused by her tone.

"Yeah." She wipes the tears away.

"What's wrong Harley?" I ask confused.

"I read all of those letters." She says.

"Three?" I ask confused by the way she said 'all.'

"No all of them, I found them." She admits.

"You're such a sneaky little-" She cuts me off.

"I love you." She says.

That throws me a little bit, I wasn't expecting that. I haven't heard that come from her in a really long time. I swallow hard and look away from the camera for a moment but then back to her. "I love you too." I tell her. "You should get some sleep it's late." 

"Did I wake you?" She asks.

"No." I snort. "I don't sleep for shit." 

"Me neither." She admits.

"Still having bad dreams? I thought those stopped." I say.

"I've had them the past two nights it helps sleeping by you, I feel...safe." She admits. "Can't you just quit and come home?" She asks in a pleading voice.

I look at her in disbelief. "Not if you wanna keep that house." I chuckle.

She rolls her eyes. "You could work for dad, he pays you more anyway right?" 

"I'd have to get voted back in Harley and I just got out. Besides that shit isn't safe, I don't wanna have to worry about you or the girls getting hurt." I sigh.

"What if you just worked in the garage?" She suggests.

"Your dad has more than enough mechanics Harley." 

"But I miss you." She breathes.

"I miss you too baby." 

We talk for a little while then say goodnight and hang up the phone I roll over and start thinking. Of course I'd rather be home with Hope and her but fuck I just started this job. 

************

Harley's POV

Three Weeks Later

It didn't take long for the psychiatrist to diagnose me with PTSD she said I could either take medicine or learn to control it but if it got out of hand I could be hospitalized. I told her I'd rather learn to control it. 

Phoenix still hasn't been home but I talk to him every day. I decided to get enrolled for nursing school Phoenix says it is a good idea too.

I'm working at the bar again but during the week now, Sheri watches Lily and Hope for me or sometimes mom does. 

Phoenix told me to just move my things into his bedroom which is slightly bigger then mine, he says no point in sleeping separate because we don't....sleep separate. Sami, Danielle, and Kat come over to the house to help me with it and I set up a nursery for Hope. Of course I got a really out standing baby monitor though which Phoenix suggested because when it comes to Hope he is at least as paranoid as I am.

"So are you guys official or what?" Sami asks as she helps me fold my clothes. 

I smile but nod. "Yeah I guess."

"ABOUT TIME!" They all yell.

"When did that happen?" Kat asks.

"Well I don't know I guess he didn't like ask me to be his girlfriend but we act like it so..." I trail off and shrug.

They all laugh at my stupid explanation. There is a knock on the door, I go downstairs quickly and open the door.

To my surprise I recognize the woman right away, it's Phoenix and Lily's crazy mom.

"Um hi? Can I help you?" I ask confused.

"Harley, wow Phoenix and you still together?" She asks doubtfully.

"Um yes." I say rudely. "What do you want?" I ask.

"I want to see my daughter." She says.

"Phoenix doesn't want you seeing Lily and to be quite honest neither do I, you don't get to be a mommy when it's convenient to you bitch." I tell her.

"Oh and I suppose you are taking my place?" She asks.

"No, she knows that Phoenix is her brother and that I am his girlfriend but I'm pretty sure given the choice she would choose not to see you." I tell her.

"I want to see my baby girl move or I-" I cut her off.

"Get off it bitch! You ain't seeing her she is OURS now!" I yell and slam the door in her face then lock it.

I stomp up the stairs and go into Lily's room she's playing with her doll house. "Hi Harley." 

"Hi honey, you wanna watch cartoons?" I ask her.

She nods excitedly and I turn the TV on for her. I go back to my room and continue putting things away once we're done with Phoenix and I's room and Hopes the girls leave. I make supper for Lily and I then give her and Hope both a bath. 

Once I'm done I get them into bed and head downstairs, I'm guessing Phoenix will call me soon so I don't want to go to bed yet. I turn the TV on and turn on Pretty Little Liars. 

I make it through two episodes and no call from Phoenix so I decide to call him but he doesn't answer. I begin to get worried and call him again but still no answer. I walk to the kitchen and grab a soda out of the fridge as I walk back into the foyer I see headlights flood through the windows and freeze.

Who the fuck would come here this late at night? I drop my soda from my hands as I begin to hyperventilate.