Chapter 30. Six Months

Phoenix's POV

TRIGGER WARNING!

"I um have one thing that needs to be voted on." I say nervously.

Steve and dad both look at me in confusion.

"I want out." I say then clench and unclench my jaw.

"WHAT?!" They all shout but Steve and dad don't look remotely surprised. 

"You sure about this?" Dad asks me.

"Right now it's just what is best..." I trail off looking away. 

"Alright Phoenix leave we'll vote it." Steve says, I stand up walking away from the table.

Walking away can mean a number of things, for wanting out I could be voted to be stripped of my patch and die. I could be not voted out at all, or I could be voted out and walk away alive.

I sit down on one of the bar stools my head spinning at different thoughts going through my head, I know it's unlikely to be sentenced to death for wanting out because I'm not leaving on bad terms.

It's been six months since I seen Harley last which was when she'd tried coming home to me. I just let her walk away and I know how stupid it is but it seemed right it still does.

I've been involved with such bad shit there is no possible way anything good could come from being with me and I know she knows it or she wouldn't of left town.

Of course she didn't want to admit it but she knew I was right, she moved away to her aunts apparently in Iowa out on a farm in a small town or some shit.

I'd thought about going to look for her a thousand times and have to keep telling myself that it isn't right. I've texted her a couple times asking her if she needs money, I don't want her and the baby to go with out because of me.

She just simply won't respond, I've given money to Steve and he sent it to her instead telling her it was from him. Steve and dad both tried talking me into going after her but they understand why I won't so they don't push me about it.

I'd found a legit job, driving a semi since I already know how to drive. I'd be owner operator if this vote goes through I can go buy the semi and hit the road.

I've got to get out of California before I start doing stupid shit. The door opens up and my name is called by Larry.

I walk back into the room and wait for them to give me the answer. 

Steve looks up at me and sighs. "We hate seeing you go Phoenix you've done a lot for this MC but if this is what you want you're free to go with no penalties." He says.

I nod. "This is what I want." I tell him.

"Take the cut off." Steve says.

I take it off and hand it to Steve he steps forward takes the cut and shakes my hand. "Come back if you ever change your mind boy." He says.

"I will." I tell him. "Thank you."

He nods and I turn and walk out the door. 

When I get outside I get on my bike and kick it to life heading out of the parking lot. Some part of me is regretting the decision but I push forward knowing it's the right thing to do.

**************

Harley's POV

Had I known my aunts husband was insane I never would have moved here, she lets him do whatever he wants to me...

Whatever he wants.

I'd tried to sneak out a dozen times but get caught every time.

My father had been sending me money but Roy keeps it for himself. He took my cellphone and shut it off, only allows me to call mom and dad once a week threatens that if I say anything he'll kill me.

I'm now being held here completely against my will, my aunt Jackie tells me over and over how sorry she is. She swore he wasn't like this until after I moved here, they'd only been married a month when I had arrived. 

When I arrived his true colors began to show, Jackie is to scared to do anything.

Jackie is my fathers younger sister she can't have kids, she was excited to take me in. I was excited to be here with her but now I am dying to find a way out.

When he leaves he always takes me with so I can't do anything 'stupid' I haven't tried anything 'stupid' in a long time.

I'm trying something different now, it's not easy I am trying to 'woo' him and make him believe I 'care' about him and that I don't want to leave.

I let him 'rape' me now but pretend like I'm willing even though I am truly disgusted every time he touches me.

The man scares me, he's 6'5 and 260 pounds of pure muscle not really any match for me. He said I can keep my baby he makes me work at this little restaurant in town I have to give him half the pay check I get and can keep the other half for baby stuff.

I shouldn't have left California, I should have stayed with Phoenix. I'd given up on him to easily maybe because some part of me believed he was right but now I know he was wrong. If he knew what I was going through right now he'd know how wrong he was.

"Harley where the fuck is my beer?!" Roy yells from the living room.

Way to go Harley so much for not pissing him off today, I quickly grab a beer from the fridge and waddle into the living room.

He stands up out of the chair I hand him the beer. "Sorry, I didn't hear-" I start but he slaps me across the face hard and I fall to the ground then I feel a rush of fluid flood around me soaking my pants.