Fifteen

Izzie stayed with Kara, Clark, and Louis on the deck as they watched Oliver and Barry do target practice from the deck. Kara leaned on a post as Izzie leaned on the railing with her elbows. "How did Barry and Iris get a Foster daughter?" Kara asked.

"I'm a meta like Barry. Bank robbery with a meta that liked fire and somehow his power didn't work on me. Barry and his team of course noticed. He found me later that day." Izzie stood straight and crossed her arms as she looked at the men out in the grass Barry with a bow in his hand which was odd to her. "I didn't want help but he's stubborn."

"What do you do?" Clark asked.

"Cisco called me a Shield. Meta powers don't work on me, and I can also create force fields that as far as we can tell are so far impenetrable, among other things." Izzie formed a force field around a near plant and moved it to the ground. "That's at least what we know I can do right now. My powers have been...well off" Izzie turned back to the girl she'd admired since she showed up on her earth with The Flash and The Green Arrow.

"Where are your parents?" Louis asked.

"The particle accelerator that turned Barry and me into metas...they were killed by the explosion. I was put into foster care after with my brother."

"He's not a..a meta?" Izzie turned to Louis.

"I see that reporter thing now." Louis smiled and nodded. Izzie liked her, she gave off the same essence as her mother and it made her feel better. But at the same time reminded her of Iris. "As far as I knew...no. My brother died after being beaten by one of the foster fathers we were placed with. He was five."

"I'm so sorry." Louis said.

"Don't be. I've gotten used to it..." Izzie turned back to the guys who were now shooting empty paint cans.

"Used to what?" Clark asked. Izzie didn't look away from the boys.

"The people I care about getting hurt," She answered simply. She knew Barry could take care of himself. She knew the rest of the team protected themselves just fine as well but the fear of any of them getting hurt rested at the back of her head. She made up her mind when she agreed to stay with them. The moment any of them get hurt because of her she's out and she'd never return to Central City.

Kara, Lois, and Clark all shared concerned looks for the girl next to them.

"Unless a paint can rewrote reality, made us swap lives, then you need actual combat training," Oliver yelled.

"Okay, why don't you run over there, run at me, and I'll try and hit you with an arrow."

"Where did you burry the remote control bows?" Oliver asked with a laugh. Izzie stood straighter seeing this about to not go well. Boys and their egos.

"Dude...Come on..I'm not you." Izzie could hear something different in Barry's tone. She didn't like where this was going.

"Yeah..well..okay." Oliver ran off to the edge of the farm. The four of them watched from the balcony "READY!!" Barry loaded the bow with ease and an expert style. He pulled back the string and concentrated.

"Ready." He said. Oliver ran to him catching the arrow no more than ten feet away from Barry.

"Nice try." Oliver laughed. Next thing Izzie knew there were arrows in Olivers back and he was crying out in pain. Barry jumped up laughing. Izzie's hands made their way to her mouth knowing that had to be painful.

"Oh, I've been waiting four years for that man!" Oliver turned around."Oh that was priceless, hold on let me get a photo."

"What!"

"Boom! I got it, don't worry, hold on." Barry yanked the arrows out of Olivers back. Izzie jumped over the railing onto the grass seeing this not go in a good for sure.

"Izzie-" Kara said trying to stop her.

"I'm a shield." Izzie turned back and continued walking she then jumped the fence guarding the grassy area. She continued to listen to them bicker at one another getting more annoyed with them with every word that left their mouths. Izzie got up to them crossing her arms.

"Boys don't do this." Izzie said.

"Barry-"

"Boys!"

"Oliver-"

"Stop!" Izzie put her hand out a walls instead of a bubbles that stopped Oliver making him fall to the ground. Barry hit the wall in front of him making him stumble back. "I can't believe you two. I'm the teenager acting like an adult while you two act like kids. If we want to figure out why everyone thinks your each other you two have to pull it together. So pull it together or I'm leaving." Both men saw the seriousness in her face. She wasn't messing around anymore. She wanted the team back. Barry walked away leaving Oliver with Izzie. She stepped up to him stopping him from walking away.

"Can we talk after this is all over?" Izzie asked crossing her arms.

"About?"

"Something I don't want Barry involved in. Something I've done."

"You just met me and you want to talk to me? Barry's your foster dad."

"That's why. I'd rather talk to someone who knows how I think then someone who wants to fix me."

"Fix you?"

"Everyone I've loved and cared about is dead because of me, tell me how Barry will understand." Oliver just have her a slight nod giving her the answer she wanted. She went back to the house sitting at the kitchen table. Louis started making tea. "Want some?" She asked.

"I'm okay." Clark and Kara walked into the kitchen, Clark going to Louis and Kara sitting on the other end of the table. "Are the guys going to talk?" Izzie asked.

"Try. They'll try talking." Clark said.

"Well, the yearly team-up continues," Kara said looking to Izzie with a smile. "As soon as they figure it out at least. Sounds like they'll get it soon."

"Listening in?" Clark asked taking a sip of Louis's tea.

"Of course," Kara looked back to Izzie. "What about you? Your power is pretty cool."

"I guess. Actually until Barry found me I just thought meta powers didn't work on me. Them training me really helped I guess. I was able to turn it into what it is now."

"Iris and Barry are great." Kara said. "She's a little like Louis actually."

"She's Fierce..." Izzie smiles. "She kind of reminds me of my mom. She cares a lot and I know it comes from a good place."

"I sense a but." Clark said. Izzie looked up she didn't know these people but she knew she could trust them after all, they save people every day.

"But they don't get me. They're so great that I don't know what would happen to me if I lose them. I've lost everyone. Even the boy I loved. I can't lose anyone else."

"I've known Barry for a while now." Kara stood next to her. "If I've learned anything, he does anything he can for those he loves. He takes loss personally. He fights. I don't think you'll have to worry about losing them."

"That's not what I meant." Izzie stood. "I don't want to lose them..because of what I've had to do." Izzie walked back to the porch the boys had made up and Kara had followed commenting on what they had finished talking about. She was happy to get a laugh as Barry and Kara started to imitate Oliver and his Green Arrow.

It wasn't long before Cisco jumped through a portal. They had to get back. There was another problem.