Ten

"You know out of all the babies I've ever been forced to watch over you're the cutest," Izzie raised Jenna in the air and then brought her back down blowing on her tummy making Jenna laugh.

"She laughed!" Cecile jumped and looked at Joe.

"That's her first laugh." Joe said with a smile.

"I was made to watch over many babies in the foster system. Also...babies just like me." Izzie put her down on her lap allowing her to play with the locket that hung down past her chest.

"Either way we're so happy you came over today. Do want something to eat or drink?" Cecile got up and started making her way to the kitchen.

"I'm fine Barry made me eat before coming here." Izzy turned to Joe. "Also, Joe, I remembered something...from that night. I was wondering if there was at the station a way for me to look at past mug shots or something? See if I recognize a face."

"Of course, come in after school tomorrow and we'll look into it."

"Thanks." Izzie continued to play with Jenna and Cecile returned. She continued to play with Jenna until her nap time. Izzie packed up her things and got ready to leave. She said her goodbyes to the pair as she started to leave for the city bus. Her only excuse that got her out and away from everyone was home work. Joe though she was going home and all of Team flash thought she was busy studying at Jitters. She needed this day to be by herself. She needed her time be away from everyone who kept pushing themselves into her life.

She walked the familiar path that even though she hasn't been through in moths, still felt fresh in her mind. A path that she would never be able to forget. She ignored all the names on the rest of the headstones around her. She continued on going straight to her family's plot. It held everyone up to her great great great grandparents. Needless to say her family was was well off. What happened to all the family money she never got the answer. Her family was close to being as rich as the Wayne's or Queen family. People her parents associated with. She was a young child when she met Bruce Wayne who took a small liking to her even if he was a young adult then. She never met any of the Queens because the one chance she got she ended up being sick.

He stopped at her parents headstone and glanced at her brothers before feeling the tears build in her eyes making her take a breath to keep them away. She pulled her hands from her pockets and brushed the dead leaves from the top of the three headstones before she crouched in front of her parent's headstones seeing their pictures put in them. She wanted to hear her mother's laugh again. Because as much as she tried to remember...that's the one thing she couldn't remember. She wanted to feel her father's strong arms around her making her feel protected. She couldn't remember that feeling either. Most of all she wanted to feel her brothers tiny hand in hers. She couldn't help but wonder what he would look like. What he'd be doing? Or maybe even if he ended up having powers too. All those things she knew she wouldn't get again. All those questions she knew would never be answered.

"I'm sorry...I hope you will forgive me. For everything I've done." She looked away from her brothers headstone and to her parents. "Everything I'm about to do. I need to do this. If I don't...I won't be able to live with myself any longer. I'm sorry I'm not the girl you stood outside the lab with that night. I'm sorry I'm not your Izzie anymore." She stood looking between the pictures. The loneliness setting in again. She wipped away her tears and walked away.

She didn't head for the way she came in, she headed to the other side of the cemetery going to one last head stone she hadn't even seen yet. When she left...it was a simple sign on the ground. It was beautiful. The stone light and his name perfectly engraved. She felt the pain in her chest as she stood near.

"I'm going to get them. They're going to pay. I promise." She took a deep breath calming herself.

"Who's going to pay?" Izzie jumped as she turned around putting her hand to her heart. Almost his face but not quite. A little older and now had some facial hair. He's built a little muscle since the last time she saw him. "Hey stranger," He smiled. She noticed the flowers in his hand as she shoved her hands back in her pockets. "It's been nine months Izzie."