Four

"Just close your eyes picture your powers as something. A color, a feeling." Izzie nodded her head and did as Barry said. She put her hand out as if she was feeling an invisible wall. She never thought her powers could be anymore than what they are, just a part of her. She couldn't see it as a colour or a shape. Though a feeling came to mind.

Anytime she's ever really used her powers has been out of hurt. Anytime they ever became useful someone was hurt.

"It was amazing. Come on you can't beat a romcom like that." Izzie said as she smiled. Ryan threw his arm around her shoulders.

"Are you kidding me Twenty Seven Dresses beat that by a long shot, it's a classic," Izzie laughed at him. She'd made him watch plenty of RomComs. It was more perfect as he ended up being just a big sucker for them as she was. As long as she watched his action movies.

Their moment broke as car drove up, its tires scratching, as it stopped near them several men appeared from the ally in front of them. She heard gunshots and yelling and suddenly they were on the ground. She could hear the tires running again and the action was done. Opening her eyes Izzie realized she felt fine. She sat up feeling something warm and wet on her hand she lifted it seeing only red. She looked at Ryan as he was kneeling on his knees hands on his stomach.

"Ryan !"He fell to the side and in her arms. "SOMEONE HELP PLEASE!!"

A blue light grew in front of her pushing her back strong enough she flew across the room landing and rolling on the floor.

"Izzie!" Barry sped to her. Izzie held her arm but then just let go laying as she looked up at the ceiling. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"Peachy." Barry helped her sit up. "What was that?" She asked looking at the scientist. They put a device in her that track everything so there's no reason for no answers.

"You produced a physical shield." Caitlyn grabbed her tabel and walked over. "But it grew so close to you and so fast that it pushed you away." Caitlyn bent down looking at the screen. "But your vitals changed the moment before it happened. Almost as if you were scared."

"What'd you see?" Barry asked. Izzie turned leaning on the wall.

"Nothing. I don't know. I just did what you told me. It didn't work I guess." She avoided their eyes. If she could avoid herself she would.

"It did." Cisco walked over a brain scanner in hand. "The shield did physically form just something threw you off balance." Cisco put the scanner on her head. "We just need to make sure you stay balanced. So just...focus a little harder." Barry looked at her with familiarity. Cisco walked away from both he and Caitlyn working on the computers.

"Hey," Izzie looked to Barry. "Are you sure?"

"As I said...I'm fine. Let's just..."Izzie stood ignoring the pain."Keep training."

They went back to the center of the floor. Izzie pushed down the memory. Barry was now in front of her. She blocked the memory, not letting it pass her thoughts. She felt the pain and the hurt. She mostly felt the guilt. She let it all built up and she felt the buzz in her body.  She opened her eyes seeing a small bright blue circle no bigger than a dinner plate.

"You're doing it." Barry smiled. Izzie continued making it bigger till it was big enough to protect her. "Ready?"

Everyone nodded. Barry looked at Izzie and ran for the shield. Running, the lightning building behind him as he ran. Once he hit the shield he was propelled across the room only he was going so fast he flew much further and hit the wall much harder. Barry let out a groan. Izzie dropped the shield and covered her mouth."Oh my god!" She ran over to him."I'm so sorry. I didn't-"

"It wasn't you." Barry sat up and then stood looking at her. "It was a test, these things happen." He turned to Caitlyn who was checking him. "It's defiantly a shield. Besides, I heal fast. Don't worry."

Izzie was tired from the training. Testing it on Barry's powers. Then Cisco's powers. He couldn't hurt her with his vibe blast or even vibe her when she didn't want to be.  Izzie was just ready to eat and then go to sleep. All four of them went to Big Belly Burger and taking it back to star labs only to be met by Joe and Iris when they returned.

She watched as Barry took his place by her side and Cisco and Caitlyn continued to walk to the Cortex. Izzie started to follow but was stopped by Joe. "We need to talk to you."

"What's going on?" Barry asked.

"You didn't tell him?" Joe asked

"It's a surprise." Barry gave Iris an odd look as she just smiled. Joe stepped up.

"Iris came to me with an idea. I called a few friends, pulled some strings."

"What are you saying?" Izzie asked.

"I had the idea that my dad takes you in. Foster you like he did for Barry after his mom died. But with the new baby, it'd be a little too much. So then, I got us approved to Foster. Barry and Me." Iris smiled. Her smile so big she wasn't accustomed to it. She knew it from all those Rom Coms. Hope. Iris wanted Izzie to live with her and Barry. Barry while confused wasn't unpleased to the idea of Izzie living with them. Barry knew he needed to help her but never thought to foster her.

"You'd go straight to them after we get you to your social worker. This way you can go to school. Still be here to train. You won't go to people who won't care." Joe said. "You don't have to worry about bad foster families anymore." Joe said. "You've got people now."

Izzie looked at Barry and Iris."Really? You want me to live with you?" Iris nodded her smile still holding. Izzie pushed the feelings down. She refused to get excited. With the short amount of time that she'd spent with both of them she could only see good. The main feeling she felt was guilt. Anyone who's ever been close to her has died. "That wouldn't be a good idea."

"What are you talking about?" Joe asked. Iris's smile faded and Barry gave a concerned look.

"People who care about me, only get hurt. I can't be the reason for anyone else getting hurt anymore." Izzie started walking away but was stopped by a hand on her shoulder. She turned to look at Barry.

"Hey. Trust me we won't get hurt. I'm the Flash and Iris, trust me, can take of her self she's one of the strongest women I know. She's been up against Nazi's." Izzie blinked surprised and confused but Barry continued "She'll be fine. You need to worry about yourself instead of the rest of us. We've been up against some rough stuff. Stuff that seems imposible. We stop it every time."

"Izzie-"Izzie looked to Joe who started to reminded her of her Grandfather. A man that was kind and always knew what to say. "Live with them. They'll be more than okay." Izzie took a deep breath before she looked to Barry nodding.

"Great. Go get your things." Izzie did as he said. Barry turned to look to Joe and Iris. "We're doing the right thing right?"

"Of course babe." Iris put her hand on his jaw. He couldn't help but lean in onto her touch. "That girl needs a family. She needs people around her to help her more than she thinks. That's all you needed Barry after what happened. You denied it for a while but after, we got that smile back. She will too." Joe walked away with a smile knowing his kids would be taking home a kid that needed help just like he helped Barry once.

Iris and Barry stood hand in hand. He looked down at his wife curiosity written on his face. "Why'd you do this?"

"I saw something in her. Something that you had when you first came to the house. And I realized it was my dad...and it was me...We helped you. We can help her too."

"Then let's help her."