Two

Izzie didn't stop running until she felt pain in her ribs. Thankfully it took her just close enough to her next destination. Jitters. New and improved of course. The second time? She wasn't too sure but she was happy to see it none the less. She let out a winded breath and put her hands to her knees trying to regulate her breathing. She was normally a runner anyway but after facing a meta who can control fire and being thrown against a wall she wasn't exactly ready for a mile run with no slowing down. Shifting to leaning against the brick wall she took a moment to compose herself. She actually stepped up. She wanted to be mad at herself but she couldn't at the same time. Feeling a pull in two directions she put her hands to her forehead. She wondered why she didn't just stay in the abandoned house. She knew something was off.

Izzie gave her self a few minutes before looking to her watch. It was time for her interview soon. She looked down at her arm again. Jacket and the shirt under burnt through and skin still untouched. He gripped it hard enough that a bruise was obviously forming but no injury as a result of fire. Izzie couldn't walk in with a half burnt shirt so she decided to go for her only other option on hand. A two sizes two big Pink-Floyd t-shirt. She tucked in the front and readjusted her hair into a messy bun to make it look on purpose. Holding onto her messenger bag she joined the crowed on the sidewalk and heading to the coffee shop.

Looking at the Jitter's sign she played with her fingers remembering entering the shop as a pre-teen and walking in with her parents. If she only knew what a couple more years would have looked for her. She checked her reflection as she walked in and put on her public smile. No one could guess she had faced a crazy meta and been left with nothing but some charred clothes. Thankfully the thought of getting a job so she could stop squatting in run down houses frezzing her butt was a pretty good motivation. Of course that's after she pays the person who's gonna get her a fake ID to match her fake name she got a hold of. The bank teller took it all no problem. Izzie has it all set she just needs money. So, here she is.

A new life.

Izzie walked in and went straight to the barista at the counter, saying she had an interview. She watched the Barista leave for a minute and then return with a man around his late forty's come out in an apron just like the rest of the staff.

"Tegan, Hi. I'm Mike. Jenny has told me a lot about you."

"All good things I hope. And thank you for this,"

"Anything for my favorite niece. She's hard to not listen to or no too and I think she's onto me." Izzie nodded agreeing with him. Jenny had a gift for getting anything she wants. Izzie followed answering all questions. She kept her calm. She kept to her story she's been practicing. She knew she was passing his expectations. She wasn't ashamed to say she studied everything. She found plenty of sources on coffee and drinks alike.

Reaching the end of the interview he didn't step down from going a head and congratulating her. He then gave her an apron and told her to be back bright and early next Saturday after he finishes her paperwork. One week and she would start work and everything will change. She knew eventually she would stop squatting and get her own place so for now Time had to be on her side. So should luck even though it had never been before so why would it start now? She just kept it in her mind that it had to be. So far so good. The day is already starting to recover.

She didn't skip on the opportunity for a free coffee so listening to her sweet tooth she got killer frost with chocolate syrup added on top. Using her change she used the city bus to get at close as possible to her current room. She got off on the closest stop and watch the buss pull away leaving her alone. She had at least ten minutes until she reached the house she was staying in. Her feet already hurt and she wanted to lay down already so she pushed through continuing on remembering she was close to doing exactly that. Even if it's on a old dusty carpet and no heat-