Chapter 30: "I am...okay...?"

Start from the beginning

"Come on, let's get you something to eat," said Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie grabbed a few boxes of pancake mix. She also grabbed a few other ingredients for her pancakes. She started to make the pancake batter while the others chatted amongst themselves.

Meanwhile, Sunset was in her room. She had heard the front door open. She could smell Twilight's scent. She felt her fangs extend as her hunger swelled. She grabbed the sink counter in an effort to fight her urges.

"You know, I don't consider you a monster. You have a hunger, that doesn't label you as a monster. It's what you do with the hunger, that does." said Starlight, leaning against the door frame.

Sunset jumped. She spun around to see that Starlight was approaching her.

"H-how did you know what I was thinking?" asked Sunset.

Starlight placed a hand on Sunset's shoulder. "I know...because I have been where you have. Remember my sister?" asked Starlight.

Sunset nodded. "Yeah, I remember," replied Sunset.

"Well, when I killed her, I too, felt like a monster. I wanted to die because I did the one thing I swore I would never do," said Starlight.

Sunset looked at Starlight she wondered what Starlight meant. She knitted her eyebrows in confusion.

"So, what stopped you?" asked Sunset.

"What stopped me was remembering this; that making a mistake, no matter how bad, didn't mean that I couldn't work to be better," replied Starlight.

Sunset stared at her hands. She replayed Twilight's words in her head. She could still hear the fear and hurt in her voice. She wiped a tear which ran down her cheek.

"So...it'll get easier?" asked Sunset.

Starlight saw the tear which Sunset wiped away. She wrapped an arm around Sunset waist. Pulling her closer, Starlight held her hand.

"It will. But...it takes time. Think you can take the time to work on rebuilding your trust with Twilight?" asked Starlight.

"Yeah, I can," replied Sunset.

Starlight pulled Sunset into a hug. She was glad to have her daughter and friend back. She let go of Sunset after a few moments.

"So, you ready to say hi to your friends?" asked Starlight.

Sunset nodded. She watched as Starlight left her room, closing the door. She took a deep breath. She really wanted to talk to Twilight. She wanted to repair the damage she caused.

Twilight grabbed a plate of pancakes and took a few off of it. She got up and grabbed the syrup from the cabinet near the fridge. She was about to use it when Rainbow Dash grabbed it.

"Rainbow, I was going to use-" Twilight looked up to see Sunset walking down the stairs.

Sunset stopped walking mid-step. She saw Twilight meet her gaze. She felt her pulse speed up. She was a mix of nervous and fearful. She didn't want to make Twilight run again. She continued to walk down the rest of the stairs. She looked down at the floor, taking a deep breath.

"Hey, Sunset. Do you want some pancakes?" asked Diamond Tiara, walking over with a plate of pancakes.

Sunset took the plate. She looked at the pancakes. She was hungry, but something made her unsure if she wanted to eat. She glanced up to see Pinkie Pie flipping a pancake. She smiled and walked into the kitchen.

"Yeah, I wouldn't miss eating Pinkie's famous pancakes," said Sunset, setting the plate down on the counter.

Starlight walked in just as Sunset sat down.