"I-..I can't tell you that."

I looked at him and it's like I saw him break through his eyes. I saw a tear stream down his face, and he turned and grabbed his phone and charger and slammed the door behind him. I sat back on the couch and cried. I couldn't lie to him. I knew it would have made him feel better but it wouldn't have fixed anything. He would have still been angry and he still wouldn't have believed me. I tried to pull myself together enough to make it to my car. I grabbed my stuff and walked to my car. I rode back to the hotel, and walked to the lobby and saw Cade sitting down in one of the chairs. I was in shock considering I hadn't seen him since the night before Z left for tour. I just felt anger well up inside me. I was angry at Cade for not telling me how he felt and letting me decide how I would handle it, but I knew that it was my fault and not his. Despite my feelings, I didn't want to talk to him cause I wasn't ready to so I tried to walk quickly to the elevator to get to my room, but he got up and stopped me.

"Get away from me."

"Nessa, plea-"

"Get the fuck away from me."

"Nessa-"

"What the hell are you even doing here?"

"Mav and I flew out to meet some old friends-"

"You know what I don't care. Leave me alone."

"Nessa, just let me explain."

"How did you even know I was here?"

"You po-"

"You know what, still don't care. You know what I do care about? You getting the hell out of my face."

"Just let me explain."

"What is there to explain, Cade! You lied to me! You made me think that you actually cared about our friendship, about my music. I thought you liked me because of what I could do not what I looked like!"

"I always cared about your music and I still do."

"Just leave me alone."

"Nessa, just let me say one thing. Please."

I paused and looked at him.

"Look, you are one of the most gifted people I've ever met. You're music meant something to me and so did you. I'm not gonna lie and make you feel better and tell you I didn't have feelings, because I did and I still do. But that never jaded my view of your talent."

He paused and looked down at a flash drive in his hand.

"The reason I'm here is because me and Mav flew out here to meet some old friends in the business, and to let them hear this. Let them hear you. I finished the song after everything happened and I hope you really like it."

He looked at me and let out a deep breath.

 "Look, I know you may never forgive me, but don't stop doing what you love and are so talented at because of me. I stand by everything I said before, Nessa. Everyone should hear what you can do."

He handed me the flash drive and walked away. I looked at it and walked to my room. I got in my room and plugged it into my laptop and put my earbuds in and pressed play. It sounded amazing. It was everything I wanted it to be, and it turned out better than I expected. I loved everything about it. It took me back to the moments in the studio, and how much fun we had. I was pissed at Cade. But through everything I still cared for him, no matter how hurt I was. I picked up my phone and went to text Cade, and I saw a notification from a fan account. I thought it was probably the girl from the show dming me one of her edits so I pressed it and I instantly felt my heart sink.