Chapter 24

"Uh.. Zion this is Cade, Cade this is Zion..-"

Zion stood there and looked at Cade.

"My boyfriend.."

"Uh.. nice to meet you."

Zion just kept looking back between Cade and I.

"I thought you were gonna text me after you got done with your meeting."

"I wanted to surprise you."

Zion's eyes looked back at Cade.

"What is he doing here?"

"Well, Nessa-"

"I called him about some music stuff-"

"Yea, and I was just giving her some advice since she was upset about dropping out of college when you uhm.. walked in."

Zion looked at both of us.

"You never told me you were dropping out of college."

All of us stayed quiet for a little bit, and then Cade looked at Zion.

"I'll just show you those beats tomorrow. I'll um.. see you later, Nessa."

Cade grabbed his phone, and looked at Z.

"It was nice meeting you."

"Mhmm."

He turned around and walked out. Zion stayed quiet for a little bit.

"What the hell was he doing here, Nessa?"

"I told you I called him about some music."

"So he came to your house to work on music?"

"Zion."

"Don't do that, Nessa. You act like we didn't just have an argument about this dude yesterday and now I walk in on ya'll hugging!"

"Yea, we also just had an argument about you trusting me too!"

"You're not giving me that much to work with, Nessa."

"It was a hug. Nothing is going on. He came over to work on music that's it."

"You work on music in a studio not your house."

"Can I not have other people over my house now?"

"Not him!"

"This sounds like more of a jealousy issue than a trust issue."

"I kind of have a right to be jealous."

"How?"

"I walk in on you guys hugging, and it's not like you guys were gonna let go any time soon if I didn't walk in and this dude knows more about my girlfriend's life than I do! Were you just not going to tell me you wanted to drop out of college?"

"I hadn't told anybody yet except my mom."

"Oh, that makes it ten times better!"

"Cade just so happened to be there when my dad texted me about it. It's not like I was going to openly tell him when he came here."

"If you worked on music in the studio instead of your house, then you would have gotten that text from your dad by yourself not when he was here."

 "Are you serious?"

"What fucking beats were you listening to anyway that were so powerful that made ya'll hug?"

"Oh my gosh. What do I have to do to get through your head that nothing is going on between me and Cade?"