13. "Small" Changes + New Faces

a/n: for once, it starts off with Mika. you're welcome (; also that's the outfit on the right that I legit wore yesterday heh, AND I changed the cover again lol.

enjoy the chapter yo~

° ° °

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Mika groans upon hearing her alarm go off before going to turn it off on her phone. Sighing with her eyes half open, she slowly gets up from her bed and looks around her room. It sounded really quiet. She slowly gets out of bed before going to her bathroom and doing her business.

When she was done using the bathroom, brushing her teeth, and doing her other morning routines, she walked out of her bathroom and got changed into her clothes for the day. She wore her signature black beanie, a maroon knitted sweater, and black jeans with her black vans.

It was only the second day of classes and Mika was already over it. She sighs as she found herself presentable enough to go out before grabbing her backpack and heading out of her bedroom. She placed her bag on the chair at the dining table and opens up to fridge to look for anything appetizing to each. She didn't feel like really cooking so she made herself some cereal.

After being halfway done with her cereal, she looks around the room. "She's not up yet?" Mika asks herself before checking the time. It was only 8:34 a.m. but Mika knew that Y/N would already be up by now, but she wasn't. She finishes her bowl of cereal before leaving it in the sink and heading to her roommates room to check up on her.

Knocking three times on the door, Mika didn't get back a reply and slowly opens the door to see Y/N asleep at her desk. Her guitar was half on her lap and half on the ground. The lamp was still on. Mika giggles softly after seeing her best friend had fallen asleep at her desk. "This puta, I swear." She says softly before walking her way to her friend quietly.

Upon removing the guitar from Y/N's hold, Mika notices a piece of paper on the desk filled with a bunch of words and scribbles. Mika carefully goes to lift up the paper and read what was on it. Her eyebrow raised up as she learned it was a song. She looks once more at her sleeping friend and smiles. "These girls must really have an effect you, huh?" She says quietly before putting the paper back where it was and putting the guitar back in the corner of the room.

Walking back to the sleeping Y/N, Mika begins to pat at Y/N's shoulders. "Yah, Y/N. Get up loser." She says. Y/N groans before flipping her head the other direction and getting more comfortable if possible. Mika rolls her eyes before shaking her friend more viciously. "Yah! Get up!" Mika shouts.

Y/N lets out a loud groan before shooting up from her spot and sending her friend a glare. "Yah, why're you so—" Immediately Y/N didn't finish her sentence and goes to place her hands onto her back. "Dude, why does my back hurt so much?"

"Maybe because being the dumb dumb you are, you fell asleep on your desk." Mika says with her arms crossed. "Anyways hurry and get ready. It's already—" Mika checks the time on her phone—"8:56 a.m. and we have class at 10:00." Y/N's eyes widen as she looks at the time on her phone to indeed see it was already the time Mika had told her.

"Dude, why didn't you wake me up sooner?" Y/N asked.

Mika shrugs as she heads to the door. "Thought you were just taking long for once to get ready." She then walks out of Y/N's room leaving a half asleep Y/N running around to get ready.

After she did her business in the bathroom, Y/N rushes to her closet to look at what clothes she should wear for the day. She decided on black skinny jeans with the ends slightly rolled up, white socks, a yellow belt that hanged loose down her waist, a long bleached thin hoodie, and a navy blue windbreaker with no hoodie. She popped the hoodie over the windbreaker before making sure her things were in her backpack and headed out of her room to see Mika chilling and waiting in the living room for her.