Chapter 55

vote/comment

Marley's POV

Surprisingly, I actually fell asleep that night. . . even though I told myself that I wouldn't.

I wasn't sure if I was too tired, or just plain dumb. 

After a night of terrible Cursed wolf related nightmares, I finally woke up, cursing myself for losing to fatigue. I slowly observed my surroundings, watching how bright the tent now was. I slowly, shook off my drowsiness, before sitting up. I looked around, and slowly realized that things had literally changed overnight. Most of the medical tents that were joined to this one were taken down. Places that were rooms for other patients were now removed, and were now exits and entrances. More patients were placed in my area, and most of them now only had minor injuries. They would most likely be gone by the end of the day.

I looked to the right, and realized that Deimos was no longer there. They probably got up earlier this morning, I thought to myself. "And she promised me that she would be here when I woke up", I muttered out loud. I turned to Gray, who was still unconscious. It was beginning to worry me even more now. I reached out towards him-

Then I remembered what had happened yesterday. . . The vibrations that felt almost like sparks.

I pulled my hand back slightly, and bit my lip. That was real, wasn't it? 

I tentatively reached forward, before pulling back.

I stretched out towards him, then pulled back my arm.

I reached forward. . .

Pulled back. . .

Again.

And again.

Then I scowled.

"Stop being a wuss, Marley."

Angrily, I touched his cheek, and braced myself for last nights sparks to reoccur.

It didn't.

Nothing happened.

I placed my finger on his other cheek, then on his nose, then on his arm. . . but nothing happened. I frowned deeply, wondering why I didn't do this sooner. "I guess it didn't actually happen", I sighed, frowning to myself.

Then I paused.

Wait.

Why am I disappointed?

"Oh, you're up."