Cobblepot's Enemy: 70- Nessita Never Could.

"You betrayed me that day. You hurt me that day."

"Which time? Ive done many things to lots of people but I never have hurt you!" Oswald said as he dodged me and tried to steer the blink from the crowd at the same time.

I punched him hard in the face and he pushed me away, enough to keep me at a distance but not enough to hurt me.

"I trust you! I told you my mothers room number. I even bought you to see her laying there in her coma, you brought her flowers. And now you told Fish Mooney where she was. Which room number! Do you reapize I have to bury my mother now!"

I gripped his suit jacket in my hands and curled my fist as tears formed in my eyes "I have to bury my mother ...because you want to kiss Mooneys ass and have a seat at the table!" I cried out as he looked down at me with wide eyes like he was remembering or realizing something.

"Ness? What year do you think this is?"

I glared at him and tightened my grip "What does it matter. You helped Fish and now you are going to pay for it!" I yelled.

"I am not fighting my pregnant fiance ...in a blimp. Maybe at home where is it nice and toasty and I can defend myself against a ex-assassain but nor here where I have no weapon. Plus, pur child is in your stomach and it would just be wrong" he said as he loosened my grip and dodged my hands "Not to mention your hypnotized."

"Dont walk away from me."

He gulped "How exactly can I undo this?*

"Fight me. I want revenge. I want to finish what that bullet didnt!"

"Shit."

He dodged as I lunged for him, his eyes widened when he seen I was going to land on the ground and he grabbed me by the waist so I wouldn't land on my stomach. I beat against his chest, hard.

"Let me do! Let me go!"

Oswald held my arms down to my sides and shook his head "No. Nessita do you realize something?" He asked smiling as I shook my head trying to block him out "You have never hit me. The only the fights we have had were yelling because you never wanted to hit me. You shot at me that night because you were angry but you missed on purpose do you know why?"

"No."

"Say it. Beat it. Beat Tetch, tell me the one thing you have never told me. I know you can. You want to, It is the whole reason you are missing hitting me on purpose, you could have hit me a million times by now" he said and moved his hand up to my face, he forced me to look at him.

"Nessita Maroni. I'm sorry I helped Fish Mooney kill your mother. I didn't realize her intentions were to kill her, I was youmg and foolish. I wanted you happy and Fish always talked highly of your mom. I would never lie of that."

I just stared at him as tears came down my face after hearing thise words, barriers came down around me and I closed my eyes to try to stop the tears "You never apologized before."

"I never knew you hated me for that, still. I thought we were over it when you shot me."

He kissed my head and I felt like something was lifted off of me, I looked up at him and smiled. Jervis wasn't specific on what kind of kiss.

"Oswald, I ..love you. I always have."

He looked surprised by my words but he smiled and wrapped me in his arms "Protecting you and our baby. That's what comes first in my life."

★†★

"Oswald."

"Um, hello. Still here. Will someone please get us the hell off of this thing?" Oswapd said to Jim as we hovered in the blimp, Oswald was Getting annoyed.

"Uh, we're on it.  Sit tight, all right? Oh, and Oswald Cobblepot, Gotham thanks you" Jim said and went silent.

"Wait, wait, Jim. Jim. Jim? Jim. Jim! Jim!"

Oswald slammed the phone down and looked at me "Some help he is" he said and brought me close to his side as we looked down over Gotham. I looked at him.

"And to think a few hours ago Jerome gave me the chance to shoot Him for him" I told Oz, he looked at mw in shock and I shrugged "I turned it down, thats how I ended up here with you. Like I said I'm tired of that life."

Oswald smiled "I cannot wait to marry you, Nessita Maroni-Cobblepot sounds nice, doesnt it?" He asked as he looked out at his city.

I laced my fingers through his "I was thinking ..Nessita Cobblepot. A name to remember. Besides if I keep reminding people Im a Maroni it makes it double the fear" I said and rolled my eyes "Where is the fun in that?"

He bought our intertwined hands up to his lips and kissed my hand before placing it over his heart.