Cobblepot's Enemy: 57- Maroni Vs Valeska

"Dammit Tetch just do it!" Someone hissed as my body jerked "We can't keep her like This forever."

A sigh of frustration "Sorry Ms. Michaels."

My eyes opened to four white walls, my head was pounding and there was a ronin in my ear ..I was in a straight jacket. There was something that happened, somerhinf I am supposed to remember, what is it? Something had happened.

Jerome had use Scarecrow on me.

The door opened and to my surprise Harvey stepped in looking relieved about something.

"Harv?" My voice sounded off. It sounded shaky and scared "Where am I?"

He suddenly got the look that he would rather be anywhere else but here. He looked up at the right side of the cell before turning to me "In the crazy box. You ...you attacked a guard. We had to restrain you and give you a little medicine. Eventually it will wear off. How do you feel?"

"Like I used to after going to the bar and waking up the next morning. I attacked the guard? They didn't ...hit my stomach ...did they?"

He shook his head "No. Baby Penguin is okay. A nurse checked on it for you" he said and walked forward, he dug in his pocket and dragged out a ring full of keys. He unlocked the back and undid some things before helping me stand up.

I wrapped my arm around his waist as I shakily stood, he helped me stand up and he walked me to my normal room. He left very quickly which was unlike Harvey. I opened my hand and smiled as I stared at the key.

Jerome Valeska. 0-198.

-----

As soon as it became lights out, I opened my door thanks to a plastic spoon from lunch I had wedged between the door earlier that day after the last check up on me and the baby inside of me. I walked out into the hall and blended as well as I could into the darkness and judging from the laughter in the security room, the guards were busy.

I snuck along the walls until I came upon a well ....sealed cell. 0-198.

Sticking the key into the lock I entered the cell number and it opened, I walked in and shut the door behind me placing the key in my pocket. Jerome was sitting in a chair looking out a barred window.

"You know. I knew oir attraction would bringus together eventually, Ms. Masoni, but I didnt kniw it would lure you to my room" he said and gave me a grin "Sorry I couldn't get fresh sheets for our encounter."

Oh brother, I thought with with a groan and rushed forward picking him up by his collar and pushing him against the wall. He laughed maniacally and grinned down at me as my hands tightened around his throat.

He started choking.

"What did you have Scarecrow do to me?" I hissed as he coughed and gasped. He got only one word out.

"Redamancy."

It was gasped out but his plan had worked, I let go of him and he fell to the floor when I saw something. Er, someone.

Oswald, pale white with blood all over his face. A stab wound was near his heart. His clothes torn and barley on him, he wasn't Oswald as we know him now. He was Oswald while he worked for Fish.

I knew this, i knew it too well.

"You look like you've seen a ghost, whats wrong Nessita? Hate your past?"

I was already sinking tommy knees "Stop" I whispered as he crouched down and became even with my face "Poor little Nessy. She can forgive but never forget what has happened to her. Maybe you deserved me stabbing you and killing you" old Oswald said as he removed his torn coat and shirt and showed me the bullet hole and stab wound.

"I don't wanna see it. Go away!"

He smiled bitterly "Why not? You broke me. Falcone fixed me. Nessita did you ever stop and think that maybe me turning into a monster was your fault? If you hadnt of gotten your mind erased and tried to kill Falcone, you never would have done this to me?" He grabbed me by the shoulders roughly and glared down into my eyes "You did this to me."

My eyes burned from tears as Jerome yelled "Redamancy!" Oswaod went away and the worod no longer hekd fire in my eyes. Jerome stood over me looking down at me, his eyes scanning me actually a lottle ...concerned.

"What do you see?"

My thoughts were in Star city, my adventures and my memories of working for Falcone. I wasnt goijg to play Vakeska's games.

I was going to murder him.

"What do I see? I see your blood painted acrose the room!"

Thats when I lunged and attack him.
--

Jerome was laughing, and gasping.

Guards had escorted me back to mynroom but I had left Jerome laying across a cracked bed wit his head busted open. I was no longernallowed in 'play times' which was fine by me. But, the fear toxin had given me a ...idea on something.

Who I am so afraid of a relationship with Oswald.

While in Star, I had remembered certain things that had happened in Gotham when I went to Falcone, Tetch's word that he used was I Love You. Thats why when Oswald told me that I started remembering things, and a cettain memory came back in Star city and has haunted me since.

The night I shot Zsasz ...I killed Oswald.

It was because he knew Fish had killed my mother. I went after him and found him on top of Fish's club I fought him and finally stabbed him near the heart, and just as I shit at him he pushed me off the side of the building making me shoot his arm instead.

I'm afraidnof myself more than him.

A mail carrier came by and threw a package at me before walking away, I grabbed it off the floor and looked at the closed door before opening it, itnwas a book.

A note was taped to it:

Thought you might be bored, here is something to pass time.
-Oswald,

I looked down at the book Oswald had given me to find a page had been marked with a bookmark. I took it out after opening the book to find a sentence highlighted.

It was redamancy. It was heaven. It was peace. It was more than he could have ever hoped for or wanted.

Having loved and lost, he yearned for the sort of redamancy only the classical love of years gone past may have once known. But it was precisely his obstinate redamancy that kept them going in all its forms.

Their mutual redamancy would trump all challenges that befell them.

The bookmark caught my eyes and I seen something written on it,

Redamancy- the act of loving the one who loves you: a love returned in full.

A smile came to my face.