Cobblepot's Forbidden Love: 22. A Friend.

I landed on my back with a boot to my throat, I tried to breath as his boot pressed harder.

"Where is my money?" Henry demanded. I struggled to point to my backpack that held the two hundred dollars, he stepped off of my throat and I was relived to breathe again, he got out my wallet and counted out two hundred "Thank you, you now owe exactly one thousand."

I stood up and held my throat "I will get it to you, thank you for letting me do payments" I told him, he just glared and walked off I called to him "What? No reciept?" he kept walking. I snatched up my back pack and walked towards the edge where my ladder was, I climbed down from the top of the building and jumped down to the ground.

I hate him with a passion, every time I get paid I have to send him money. Happily nobody knows.

-----Oswald----

I laid on the couch looking up at the ceiling when Zsasz came in, he threw pictures on me "Come on, boss. Please just let me put a bullet in his leg ...something" I took a picture from my chest and looked at it. Nessita was climbing down a ladder, he back to the camera but her head turned to look down. There was markings on her neck and a forming of a black eye.

I threw down the picture "If she wanted our help Victor she would have asked" I said and stood up from the couch.

I knew better than to mess around and snoop on Nessita but, I had to her. If she ever got hurt too badly by the people she messes around with I would never be able to forgive myself if I let her die.

I was deep in a hole I could not crawl out of. Nessita had me wrapped around that cute little finger of hers and she doesnt even realize it, I could give her the money to pay off that Henry person but, she wouldnt take the money.

Why must she be so damn hard headed?

The front door opened and Nessita came in with the hood of her leather jacket on her head "Nessy, can I talk with you?" Zsasz asked, she stopped at the staircase with her back to us.

"Yes. Of course Victor. Just let me go put my back pack and jacket up."

She ran up the stairs and I looked at Victor "You do realize she is covering up her bruises right now, right?" I said, he frowned as he looked up at the ceiling.

"I know."

---Nessita----

I put on a black long sleeve turtle neck and covered up my right eye with makeup. Zsasz would kill me if he knew I was letting Henry hit me and take payment because of those years ago. I finished and went out of my room only to run into Butch "Boss is wondering how long it takes to throw down a back pack, Nes" he said.

"For a girl? Has he never heard the saying 'Waiting on a woman?"' I asked and started to walk off when Butch said "YOu might wanna pull that turtle neck up a little more ...it's showing your bruise real well."

I stopped in my tracks and pulled the neck up more to fully cover the bruises, with a sigh I walked down the stairs. Damnit, I thought as I turned the corner going into the meeting room, IF Butch can figure it out ...Can Oswald and Zsasz?

"Just the girl I need to see" Oz said and stood up, Zsasz started to open his mouth and Oz put a hand on his shoulder "Zsasz, why don't you go ...do something?" Oz suggested. Zsasz looked at him then me, he sighed and walked out of the room closing the doors behind him, I turned to OSwald and raised a eyebrow "What's wrong with him?"

"Nothing" Oz said and smiled as he walked towards me, he put his hands on my waist and looked down at me "Would you ever lie to me?" I froze at the quiestion and crossed my arms "Be truthful, dear."

"No. I wouldn't" I lied, he shook his head as he leaned down to kiss me. I wrapped a arm around his neck as his right hand came up to my neck and barely touched it. I gasped from the pain and shoved him away. I put my hands to my neck and he smirked.

I stood there with my hands around my neck when he said "I knew it. Why don't you tell me anything?" he asked. When I said nothing he walked forward and pushed my hands from my neck, he rolled the turtle neck down and inspected my neck closely, I tried to push him away but he grabbed both my wrist in his hand. He touched my neck and I squirmed.

"Stop, I'm fine."

"Fine? Nessita you have a huge bruise on your neck!" he said and looked into my eyes "That is not fine."

I glared up at him "This is my fight not yours, So stay out of it" I told him, He gripped my wrists that were still in his hand very hard and glared down at me "I am the King of Gotham ...and I will do whatever I want."

"Even if it means killing me? Because that is exactly what he will do, Oswald. Henry will kill me if I give him someone else's money again" I said, I don't know what he saw in my eyes -Rage, Sadness, Fear, etc- but he lost his grip and pulled me into his arms. He rested his head on top of mine "Nessita Maroni, I swear to you ..you will never be harmed as long as you are here with me."

I sighed "You don't know him like I do, Oz. Henry .." I stopped.

"Yes?"

"Nothing."

"It's something" he said and pulled away from me "Tell me."

I pulled my arms away fro him and crossed my arms "I went to school with Henry ...he was my best friend until his uncle passed away, he went to a foster home, then another foster home. He ditched his last set of foster parents and became a drug dealer he got in with the wrong people" I said and shook my head "Sometimes I feel like it is my fault because in school he took up for me with all the idiots and bullies who made fun of me."

"That isn't your fault, he chose this path."

I smiled "I wish I thought like you. I really do."