Cobblepot's Forbidden Love: 33. Just What I Needed...

I could feel it ....As I started hanging back around Oswald I could feel the need to be ...to be like I was with Maroni. I was breaking, I was afraid of it. To become wheee I felt like I needed to shoot someone or kick someone around again.

I was scared.

I haven't seen Zsasz, Who the hell knows where Butch is, and I was almost in panic mode because I am the only one who is actually a assassain that protects Oswald.

Here i was sitting in the floor of a closet in the hallway, head in my hands trying to ignore all the talk outside. Combat boots, black jeans and a black shirt I was dressed like my old self again.

I shakingly took out my cigarette box and ran my thumb over it thinking about my mother, I took out a cig lit it with my zippo and put it back in my pocket.

I took a puff as the closet door opened and Oswald stood over me with his arms crossed "What aee you doing?"

"Playing Hide and Seek. What does it look like?" I said aggravated and stood up. He smiled sadly and I sighed "Im sorry."

"Dont be, you have the right to hide."

I waled out of the closet and he shut the door, he turned to me and smiled "That will always be full of cigarettes wont ir?" He asked looking at the cig box of mine.

I sighed "How'd ya even steal it that day."

"I never reveal my tricks." He straightened his bowtie and I smirked "I thought I felt someones hand on my ass" I told him.

His eyes widen "I would never-!"

I laughed "Chill it was probably Frankie that day" I said and winced "Er, maybe I shoukd go take a thousand more showers..."

He laughed. He actually laughed.

I was surprised so much my heart knew it. It felt good hearing him laugh after being away for so long.

I caught myself before I could smile at him.

Not now.

----Oswald---

I smiled as I watched Ness bite her lip. Her beautiful eyes stared at me as she thought on something "What troubles you?" I whispered as I put a hand to her cheek.

Her eyes closed.

She quickly opened her eyes "Nothing troubles me" her eyes turned dark as she pushed my hand away "Quit trying to act like you care. Just like Falcons and Maroni you Care more about power and money."

My eyes widen "Nessita-" she shoved me away and I stared watching her leave. What the hell just happened?

It worried me.

*****************************

I ran across rooftops getting as Far away from Cobblepot as possible. I finally rested on a roof and leaned on stacked boxes, I didnt mean to snap I don't know what happened.

I'm scared.

Is working for the Don's finally getting to me? Am I going crazy? I thought as I looked out on Gotham.

Boy she was beautiful at night.

I smiled on Gotham as I nervously bit my lip "I love Gotham but I don't know how long I can stay here."

"Ditto" I turned around ready to shoot but seen Zsasz with his hands up and lowered my gun "What do you want?" I said. annoyed.

He grinned "To talk.. and fight" he said and punched me right in the face.

I held mg face in my hand "What the flying dog hell, Zsasz!" I shouted as I looked at him. Great my eye was done hurting as it was now it will swell closed.

He grinned "I thought I trained you well. Looks like I was wrong" I blocked a punch he swung at my head and scowled.

"Victor!".

He swung again. I ducked again. It went like that for so long until I finally kicked Zsasz legs out from under him and he landed on his back. I breathed heavy as I knelt with my knee on his chest.

I didn't realize how much pressure was on his chest until he gasped out "-Nessy ...stop.'

My eyes widen as I got off of Zsazz and backed up with NY hands. I sat on my butt with my knees up and looked at Zsasz.

"I'm sorry" I said as I felt a tear fall down my face "God, Victor. What is going on with me?"

He was on his knee in front of me in no time he took my head in his hands.

"Don't. Don't let it get to you, Ness. Not now you have been doing all of this for years" he said worried as he looked at me. He wiped tears from my face and smiled.

"Your tougher than this. Stronger than this. You are so much better than any of us in this city, Nessy. You can do so much more."

I sniff as Victor smiles "Zsasz.. I don't know what to do."

"You'll figure out something. You always do.".

He helped me to stand and we walked to the edge if the building, we jumped and landed below, I grin as we walk away.

I will never regret meeting Victor Zsasz. My best friend. My brother ...my partner in crime.

Now I just need to apologize ..to the one I didnt mean to hurt do badly.

The one I am afraid to let in my heart. And am afraid to love.