19. the heartbreaker and Caspian (part 2)

Quick Note: this is the same timeframe as the last chapter but in Kaden's POV.

Kaden's POV

I glance at the backseat and grin like an idiot at the roses. I hope she likes them. Girls like roses, right?

I turn around the corner to the gym and my eyebrows furrow in confusion when I don't see Casey outside. I stop my car in front of the gym and look around for Casey, but she's nowhere to be found. Is she still inside the gym?

I take out my phone from my pocket and call her only to go straight to her voicemail. I call a few times but she's not answering. I text her but no reply. Worried, I get out of the car and walk to the entrance of the gym. I try opening the door but it's lock.

Where the hell is she?

My heart is racing and all these scenarios of what could've happened to her is going through my head.

Where could she be? I told her that I was going to pick her up.

The only thing I could think of is mom having something to do with it. She's never leaving me alone, is she? I won't let her do anything to Casey. Not this time.

I run to my car, start the car, and drive away.

-

"Mr. Pierce, what a nice surprise," Mom's secretary greet me as soon as she sees me.

I ignore her and walk pass her desk and straight towards Mom's office.

"You can't go in! She's in a meeting." She call after me but I continue to ignore her and enter Mom's office to see her in a meeting with two guys.

They all turn to me and I glare at Mom. Mom let out a sigh before dismissing the guys.

Once the guys are gone, Mom gets up and walk towards me. "What do you want?" She asks, clearly annoyed that I interrupted her meeting. But I didn't care.

"Where the hell is Casey?" I asks. I know she has something to do with this. She's always trying to do whatever is possible for me to be the perfect son she wanted. But it's never going to work, not after what she did to me.

She gives me a confused look. "I don't know what you're talking about. But I'm glad that girl is out of your life. And for good, I hope."

My hands form a tight fist at her response.

"I love her," I tell Mom.

She scoff in amusement at the three little words. "You're still young. You have no idea what love is."

This time, it was my turn to scoff in amusement. "And you do?"

Mom glare at me before continuing, "Casey is only with you for your money. She owes money to a loan shark so she's only with you for your money so she can pay back her debt. She doesn't love you."

What the hell is she talking about?

Flash backs of when I saw Casey being chased by the guys appear in my head and it kind of makes sense. No wonder she's always getting chased after and was easily convinced to pretend to be my girlfriend. She needed the money.

"Why should I trust you? This definitely isn't the first time you've lied to me." I retort, not letting her win.

"Because the loan shark is Caspian Morgan, Hannah's brother. You remember her right?" Mom question.

I lower my gaze at the mention of Hannah. I haven't heard her name in a while now. I've almost forgotten her.

"Because of you, she killed herself remember? I spend thousands of money just to cover it up. You better not screw up again. I'm tired of cleaning up your messes." Mom walk pass me to her desk.

I clench my jaw in anger, trying to stop the tears from rolling down. "Why can't you just let me be happy for once?" I turn to Mom and she looks at me.

"I loved Hannah and being with her made me the happiest I've ever been. Why couldn't you just let me have that? Just one girl. And I can't even have her. What's the point of being rich if you can't even be happy?" I swallow down the pain and walk closer to her.

"Mom, I regret being born as your son." I turn away and storm out of her office.

-

I storm into Caspian's office despite being chased by his muscle minions. My eyes instantly roam around the room for signs of Casey but she's nowhere to be seen.

He looks up from his desk with a confused stare but it quickly change into an amused smirk when he realizes it's me.

"Kaden fucking Pierce. What an honor to be in your presence," Caspian greet me with sarcasm dripping from every word.

I watch with caution as he gets up from his seat and around the desk towards me.

"How much does she owe you? I'll pay back every cent," I tell Caspian.

He lets out a humorless chuckle. "You really think I'll accept anything from you? You're lucky enough you're still standing here. Get the fuck out of my club before I kill you for what you did to my little sister."

I ignore his glare and stare back. "I loved her too. I was hurt when she passed away too. I didn't want any of this to happen. She deserved so much than this. I had no idea that-"

"Get. Out." Caspian warn, stepping closer to me with his deathly stare.

It's clear Casey isn't here. And knowing Caspian, I know he won't do anything to hurt her for no reason.

I let out a sigh and get out of his office, walking pass his minions and out of Aura.

I walk back to my car and get in. Frustrated, I hit the wheels repeatedly in hopes of it fixing everything that's happened but I know that's not how it works.

If life was that easy to fix, I would've been happier and content and not miserable like this.

The honk from the wheels break me out of my daze and I start the car then drive away.

Where the hell is Casey? I swear to god, she better be okay.

Hoping to find her, I drive by her house.

Turning around the corner of the street, I see a figure leaning on the lamppost and slowly drive by it. Relief wash over me when I realize it's Casey.

Thank god she's fine.

I quickly stop the car at the side of the sidewalk, get out, and run to her.

I don't know what I would do if anything happened to her.