12. the heartbreaker's cheesy pickup lines

"I fell for you at first sight," Kaden said.

I roll my eyes at his cheesy line, "That's impossible."

"Nothing's impossible." He wiggle his eyebrows at me and I can't help but chuckle at his ridiculous response.

"You can't just fall for someone at first sight. You fell for the idea of them but you didn't fall for them," I explain, having had enough of Kaden's ridiculously cheesy pickup lines for the past 10 minutes.

It's lunch break and Kaden is currently trying his pickup lines on me. I'm surprised his cheesy lines actually work on girls - or at least that's what he told me.

I watch as he roll his eyes at me, "You're one to talk. You don't know anything about boys or relationships." I glare at him jokingly.

He looks at me with determination and turn his full body to me. "Sweet talk me."

Is he crazy? "No way," I oppose.

"Come on. Sweet talk is the way to a man's heart," he taunts. I scoff at his defense.

After hesitating for a few seconds, I turn to him and brace myself. I look into his eyes, making contact as he waits for me to continue.

"I used to think I didn't need anyone because I was fine on my own and I didn't have the time or energy for it. But I met you and you were so good to me. And day by day, I found myself falling for you."

I watch as Kaden's gaze turn into awe. Well he's clearly surprised as am I.

To not make things more tense, I cover it up, "That was good huh? I can see you falling for me already." I fake a laugh so he believes I'm joking.

Kaden laughs along with me nervously. "I guess you do know a thing or two about love."

I see Kaden's friends approaching us at the corner of my eyes and I stop laughing to not attract any attention.

"Kaden," Alec, one of his friends, call him. I watch as Kaden turn to them and nod his head knowingly.

He turns back to me and send me a smile, "See you later." I give him an awkward small smile before he got up and walk to his friends, just now remembering that I have to go to his stupid family dinner at his parent's house as an uninvited guest. Great.

I watch as he disappears with his friends around the corner, laughing. I can't help but feel this sense of emptiness when he's not by my side.

Don't start falling for him now, Casey. He's only going to break your heart. You and him live in completely different worlds. That's right. I should listen to my head. I have too.

"I'm going to kill you if you leave me alone." I warn him once we make our way inside his parent's mansion.

My eyes glaze with awe as I take in the sight before me.