18. the heartbreaker and Caspian (part 1)

Can't wait for our first real date tonight. See you at 8! I read Kaden's text over and over again with a big grin on my face. I probably look like a smiling idiot right now but who cares.

After my shift is over, I got ready in the gym. I change into my simple black dress and put on an old pair of black high heels. As for my hair, I simply put it in a low bun. Yes, I'm going all out on our first real date because I'm excited. I have no idea where Kaden is taking me but I want to look good.

I haven't feel like this in a long time - happy and confidence.

I finish getting ready and walk out of the gym to wait outside for Kaden. His car is nowhere in sight, but I don't mind waiting. I'm just so excited.

I see headlights from a car turning around the corner and making its way to me. A smile makes its way to my face, thinking it's Kaden, but it quickly fade away as the car stops in front of me and the window rolls down to reveal two scary muscular guys.

They're Caspian's people - I quickly realize and immediately start running the other way. I hear the car door opening and slamming shut behind me before two pairs of footsteps chase after me.

I speed up my pace, but running in high heels is so hard.

Before I know it, a strong pair of arms wrap around my neck, preventing me from running further. I let out a terrified scream in hopes that someone hears me and save me. The guy quickly cover my mouth shut.

I whimper in pain from his tight hold around my neck as he drag me back to the car. He toss me into the backseat of the car and get in, then the car drives away. I sit up and look around for a chance to escape.

After about 10 minutes, the car stops at the back of Aura and the guys get out of the car. I take this as my chance to escape and quickly open the door and run away. Within just a few seconds, I feel a pair of arms around my waist and he lifts me up over his shoulder. I struggle out of his hold, but there's no use.

"Nice try, sweetheart." The guy said with an amused chuckle as he carry me inside the building and back to the office I'm all too familiar with.

"Look at you, all dolled up for me," Caspian said as soon as the guy puts me down.

"What the hell do you want now?" I spit out, harshly.

"Calm down there tiger." He walk closer to me and grab my chin, "I won't kill you." He let go of my chin and step back to his desk.

I glare at him. I hate him so much.

"You know what I like about your dad?" He starts, "He just can't quit." He let out an amused laugh. "I mean, he just keeps coming back and doesn't know when to stop."

"What's your point?" I ask, not wanting to be here any longer than I have to.

Caspian sent me a glare before continuing, "He owes me $100,000. Not including the previous $10,000 that you're supposed to pay me."

"What?" I mutter, completely shocked. How can dad do this? I'm trying my hardest to pay back his debt but he's not even trying to help. Why can't he just stop?

I should've known Dad would do something like this. He never know when to quit.

"I've been watching you for awhile now." Caspian breaks me out of my daze. "Don't you think it's time for you to break up with Kaden?"

"Why? What do you get out of this?" I asks him, getting angry.

"I'll make you another deal," he ignores my question, "break up with Kaden by the end of this week and you're debt free. The only condition is that you can never see or speak to Kaden ever again."