Chapter 1: July

It was hot on this fine Tuesday, of course I only knew this because I took the trash out earlier. Summer is my favorite season, but i just didn't have any plans to do anything. Which doesn't bother me. I'm more of a homebody. I'd go out here or there, maybe when things are planned, but other than that I'm home. My room and myself was all I needed.

On the other hand my brother and sister were always outside. They know every kid in the neighborhood from all the gatherings and parties. My brother Tay is my oldest twin. He's the rough rider that screams "Gang Gang" up and down the street. I don't find that shit cute, if my two cents are allowed. My sister Jenny is a year younger than us, and she's extremely humble.

We don't live in the best neighborhood but it ain't the hood. The area gets dangerous a street down, which leads into a separate neighborhood.

My household is sort of different from everyone else in the neighborhood. Both my parents are still with one another, and that isn't common around here. It's either single mothers or single fathers. As for my mom, she is the most precious human being I know. If any of us were to have a horrible day, she'd make it seem like life was the most amazing thing and these bad days were nothing compared to the good.

Our father was the tough guy, which I believe Tay picked up from him the most. He was in the streets as well when he was younger, but ever since he met my mom, his whole attitude changed. Don't get me wrong though, he still put his foot up anyone's ass if need be.

Me and Tay had just turned 18 in May and we both couldn't contain ourselves. We'd ran up and down the streets at 1 am thinking we was grown, which was something we did on the regular. We'd really get ourselves into some shit when hanging out with each other. I remember playing ding dong ditch with a group of our friends, and next thing I know, we're all running from the cops because Tay knocked out a few people's windows. Our parents didn't suspect a thing and I wasn't snitching, but if only they knew, Tay would have been in a world of hurt.

Tay and Jenny were the first two people I came out to, back in the beginning of sophomore year. They both shrugged it off seeing me no different. I do believe Jenny didn't know what "gay" was at first until time had passed and she tried hooking me up with her friend. He wasn't my type anyway and of course to young.

The Amazing World of Gumball is playing while I fixed me a bowl of cereal. Reeses Puffs to be exact. I had an empty house all to myself and it couldn't have been more beautiful. The sun was illuminating the entire house with this mesmerizing glare. The heat had set the tone, and I was off to the couch with my cereal.

Tay soon comes barging in the house heading for the kitchen. He comes back into the living room downing a bottle of water and heads back outside. Within a split second the front door is opening again and it's Tay.

"I just remembered, Stinky said come smoke with us" he blurted out before heading back outside.

In an instance I was on my feet, rinsing my bowl out and placing it in the dish holder to wash later. I ran to put my slides on, grabbed my keys and was out.

The crew chilled at Stinky's place, which wasn't so great of an area. It was only a 2 minute walk, but the way Tay and I walked, it was less than 2.

As we approached the house everyone was sitting outside on the porch. Stinky, Jackson aka Jack Jack and Kory were all outside puffing on the first of many dutches. Smoking was nothing to us, I personally enjoyed the high and laughs we all had together.

"Hurry up so ya'll can hit this." Stinky says, passing the dutch to Jack Jack. "This ain't no regular either. My dealer bought some new new from Cali."

Tay and I take a seat on-top of the railings. "Why you ain't wait till we got here?" I say, staring down Stinky and the rest of them.

"We wasn't about to wait knowing we had more for rotation." Said Kory, grabbing the dutch from Jack Jack.