Almost everybody Jade ran past in town asked her if she was okay. Jade only flashed them a smile and kept on her way. With each concerned question Jade's breathing became more frantic until she made it to the park, collapsing under a tree. 

"He's your father."

"I wished for a daddy, my birthday wish came true!"

"Lily wants her mom and dad to tuck her in."

You'll never be a part of their family, no matter how hard you try."

Jade curled her knees up to her chest, her breaths coming in an out in panicked gasps. Tears poured down her face, dotting her jeans and pooling on the grass. 

"I can't do this," Jade gasped out. "I can't. I can't."

A faint breeze whispered through the trees, rustling their leaves against the pure blue sky. The sun shone brilliantly down, making the metal on the bikes sparkle as they rested in the bike rack, their owners enjoying the lovely day. Under different circumstances, Jade would have probably come out here with Lily while Perrie was at work. 

"Jade!"

Now I know I'm imagining things, Jade thought miserably. Lily wouldn't be here without Alex. Her dad.

"Jade!"

This time Jade sat up slowly to see Lily running toward her, Alex standing a few feet away. 

"Hi Lily," Jade said softly. 

"Why did you leave?" Lily asked. 

"I needed to get out into the fresh air," Jade replied. 

"Are you crying?" Lily asked worriedly, reaching a small hand up to brush away the wetness coating Jade's cheeks. 

"Just sweat," Jade assured the small blonde. "I ran all the way here you know."

"Wanna play with us?" Lily asked. "My daddy said it's okay as long as you want to."

My daddy.

"You know, I think I'm gonna sit this one out," Jade said, forcing her smile not to fade from her face. "I haven't had breakfast yet."

"Oh, okay!" Lily said cheerfully.

Jade stood up, depositing Lily on the ground. Her smile crumbled as she watched Lily run into Alex's arms, and he carried her away on his back. 

"They're better off without me anyways," Jade mumbled miserably, turning and walking out of the park. 

After a few more minutes of aimless wandering, Jade stopped outside of the Q Street Diner. 

"Might as well," the brunette sighed, opening the door and striding into the diner. 

"Good morning ... " Jesy trailed off when she noticed Jade's puffy red eyes. "Are you okay Jade?"

"Fine," Jade grumbled, dropping into a booth, jerking up and moving to another seat when the brunette realized that she had gone into the booth that Perrie and Lily sat in. 

"It's about Alex isn't it?" Leigh Anne asked softly, sitting down beside Jade and putting a hand on the smaller gerodie's shoulder. 

"He stayed over last night," Jade admitted softly. "He fell asleep in Lily's room, reading to her."

"Don't you normally read to Lily?" Jesy asked. 

Jade nodded, sniffing and dabbing at her eyes with a napkin. "Sorry I'm so emotional guys," she said.