Chapter Fourteen

It was happening. All Time Low were finishing up their set and Alex was going to introduce me on stage. I had one song written up but other than that, I was going to do covers. 

To say that I was nervous was an understatement. I was fucking terrified.

"You'll be fine." Tay hummed, wrapping her arms around me.

"I'm scared, what if I fuck up? What if I forget the words? What if-"

"What if none of it happened and it all went fine?" She countered and I fell silent. "You've performed in front of people before, you can do it again." She grinned at me, encouragingly.

"Right. Well even though we've finished our set, before you all bugger off, we felt that we should introduce you to a rising star." I blushed as Tay laughed and the guitars were changed to acoustic.

"Jack and myself shall remain on stage for like two songs? Then the last one is all to this wonderful girl who has a fabulous voice. We only discovered her voice the other night, so you have to bear with her because she's a nervous Chipmunk." I sighed and he grinned over to me.

"I'd like to introduce you guys, to Alexandra Armstrong." I walked on stage and a lot of people cheered, which made me blush.

"See, you've already got fans, Chipmunk." Alex grinned and I rolled my eyes as I positioned myself at the mic.

"So I have two covers I want to do for you guys, but I also have my own song as well. All three are acoustic until I get back to Baltimore and that's when the work on the EP shall begin." I heard the guitar strum and I felt my nerves relax.

"This is my acoustic cover of Lost In Stereo." The crowd cheered and I smiled as the guys started playing. I danced a bit whilst I sang, letting the crowd sing with me for such a familiar song.

Even Jack and Alex messed about and caused a bit of laughter.

Before I knew it, we'd finished the song and I looked to the guys who nodded.

"Right, the guys fucked this up this morning, so I wonder if they've perfected it?" I teased half heartedly and both of them stuck their tongues out me. "Such children." I grinned into the mic and people cheered.

I broke out into the acoustic cover of Second & Sebring.

I got a nice reception thanks to that song and Jack handed me the guitar, kissing my cheek quickly before disappearing off stage.

"This'll be my last song. I want those who can record stuff to record this. I want you guys to spread the word and get this song out there 'cause when I next tour, I want you guys singing along to every single word." Their response was simply to cheer as I noticed that there was a genuine excitement running through the crowd.

"You know what? I'm gonna dedicate this song. This song is for all of you beautiful people who have ever been broken to pieces, it's for the ones who survived, who are here today and bear their scars proudly. 'Cause I'm proud of you. I might not know you, but if you've got the scars of your past, you can damn well bet that I'm proud of every single one of you. It takes guts to survive. So this is for the survivors. The ones who fight to live, the ones who live for others.

Singing the song, I felt alive on the stage and I realised how much I'd actually missed performing.

I half smiled as the crowd started cheering, and I smiled before blowing a kiss to the crowd and walking offstage. 

Jack wrapped me in a hug instantly and kissed me on the forehead.

"I'm proud of you. You've just mastered the fear which held you back baby." He hummed and I let out a shaky breath.