Chapter Twenty-Four

SMUT WARNING

I encourage you to be your own kind of beautiful -Jack Barakat

The next morning, we lay in bed.

Last night I bared my soul completely to the the man that I loved without a doubt. And to do so, it was hard. I had to re-live everything I tried to so desperately forget about.

Feeling like shit, I got changed out of my clothes, leaving on my underwear and pulling on my oversized Foo Fighters shirt.

Jack hadn't said a word to me since we left my dad's and I felt my mood completely plummet as I crawled into bed.

I felt the bed dip and Jack's lips against my skin.

"Talk to me baby. You've not said a word." He hummed quietly, his arms wrapping around my waist as I curled up closer to him.

How did I feel?

What was running through my mind?

I felt like shit. I felt like he didn't want me.

And in my head, all I could see was those past memories and the crash.

I debated on lying to him, but he knew when I was lying. He always knew.

"I feel useless. I feel like shit and how you acted after we left my dad's, it was as if you didn't want to be near me." I blinked back a few tears which had made their way to my eyes. "And I can't stop thinking about the past, the drugs, the train wreck. I'm messed up Jack, why are you with me?"

I could picture him frowning and I wiped away the tears which had formed in my eyes. I felt so weak and after what Ryan had put me through, I just wanted to curl up and not face the world.

"You want to know why I'm still with you, despite everything? Despite the scars, the past and these recent events?" He twisted my body so that I was lay on my back and he was hovering over me.

"Yes. I want to understand why you're here, because I can't see the reason why you're here."

"Because I love you. Nothing more, nothing less. I love you so much that it hurts, Alexandra Armstrong. Let me show you that I love you?" He pleaded and I simply nodded my head and he smiled, placing a kiss to my lips as he shifted himself above me.

He was already in his boxers, like normal. So he carefully pulled my shirt off my body and I felt my cheeks burn red.

He'd seen me naked before, but for some reason, with the mood and the atmosphere, it felt like he were seeing me for the first time.

"You're so beautiful, Alex." He hummed as he nuzzled his nose against mine. "Turn over baby." He hummed, and despite being confused, I did so.

He let his hands slide up the sides of my body, bringing my hands above my head. I felt his lips caress the skin on my back and it took me a moment to realise that he was kissing each and every single scar on my back.

My skin felt like it was on fire, teasing me, torturing me, but I loved it. I felt accepted, cared for. I didn't have to worry when I was with him.

Too soon he rolled me back over, kissing the minor scars which remained on my face and chest before letting his lips latch onto mine once more. By this point I wanted him, nothing but him.

"Jack." I whispered against his lips, our noses touching, every breath heavy. "I want you. I need you." I hummed and he simply let his lips touch mine once more.