07. Into the Night

All recent events compressed into one bizarre and gibberish painting. Such a unique canvas like that would be stared at by many amused eyes. Though, no one is brave enough to purchase the piece due to their lack of understanding for what it truly means.

The artwork can perhaps be a blank canvas or be one filled with platters of arbitrary colors if people let their imagination run wild.

My life was very much similar to a painting. Perhaps one with night sky plastered with stars, and each constellation could represent my life events.

The seven notorious men and I have just departed from Incheon International Airport after our long flight. My neck is craned upwards to get a better view of the mysterious city named Seoul, eyes lazily gazing over the distortion of each passing scenery.

The city lights unfortunately shield the stars from illuminating this night. Only a few could be seen as the rest are shyly tucked away.

As for me, the rest of my captors and I are tucked in a van to God knows where.

Curiosity for the unknown city helped distract me from the soft murmurs resonating. I assumed the hot topic for today's conversation was me.

Sitting opposite of me was Jungkook. He seemed to be more annoyed by my presence as his eye-rolls increase whenever I shifted. With no seats in the van and only a mat for cushion, I'm simply trying my best to avoid any further numbing of my damn ass due to the floor's hardness.

What is his problem?

With the occasional glances I received through the rear-view mirror, it only confirmed the theory that I am indeed the topic. I winked at the driver when we made eye contact, biting back a grin as he blushed and looked away.

After the mini teasing, I let my head relax and allowed it to rest against the cool surface of the van. The vehicle juddered every now and then when it encounters a pothole.

I let out a sigh, my ears naturally tuning in with the men's conversation.

"What are we going to do with her? We're not supposed to even have her right now," a voice whispered harshly.

"She's good bait," this voice was octaves lower than the previous.

Jungkook's gaze lifted from his shoes to those around him.

"Taehyung—hyungs, please. We just need to get rid of the nuisance," Jungkook sighed. "Good bait or not, she'll die sooner or later, either in our hands or the others."

"She's our key to force Lee to resurface again. After being off the radar for so long, she has to come back and seek for her daughter." Taehyung, I supposed, answered back as frustrated.

As if my mother gives two pigeon craps about my well-being. I mentally snorted.

"You know, Scarlet is probably our lucky charm in getting Lee," the same man scoffed.

I frowned upon the negative connotation of the comment.

Jungkook groaned. "We don't even know if it'll work."

A sudden thought seemed to appear in Jungkook's mind as he plastered on a not-good-for-my-health smile.

"Tell me, Scar, do you think mommy will come and fetch you?" Everyone's attention seemed to pan onto me after Jungkook's ridiculous question.