15

Four hours passed by. Four hours of explanation towards four years of pain, and suffering. "You really went through all that..." Sara said in disbelief. "I still have another crazy story." Safire said, "And whats that?" Sara asked with a curious tone. "I almost died." Safire replied with a smirk. "WHAT" Sara went into a panic, "Im fine though, There was a few humans at that lab that werent so bad... They helped me a lot. One girl in particular.... She was really nice, helped me in rehab and everything."

"Thats amazing... I thought all of them were monsters..." Sara paused. "After.... um.. After I lost Ash to those humans... I thought of them as monsters. After they did all those things to her.. and all the pack members I lost to them.. I never changed my opinion on those humans." Sara explained. Safire just nodded, "Well if you spend time with most of them like I did... Not like i had a choice... But some of them arent that bad." "Im glad you got some help... They did great with patching up your wounds." Sara commented while sifting through Safire's fur.

"Yea.. And ill never forget that." Safire paused. "I'll admit that Ash gets attatched really easily... She fell apart when I was gone for a month... But I cant really blame her... I left her thinking that I was dead." Safire paused. "I will say. If you do anything to Ash to hurt her. You will get an earful from me. You will never hear the end of it." Safire smirked.

"Oh we will see. Dont get all cocky with me young lady." Sara chuckled. Safire giggled in response, "Speaking of Ash... I need to go check on her... I'll probably spend the night with her." Sara began walking out of the den. "Dont get too comfortable..." Safire teased, Sara just scoffed and walked off.

She headed towards the rehab den and stepped inside. She sighed when she saw Ash sleeping peacefully in one of the moss beds in the corner. Sara approached Ash silently, careful not wake her. She then laid beside Ash, pulling her close. She recieved a small whimper from the cat as she was moved from her original place. Sara shushed her again, "Its ok... Its ok. Its just me, love..." She said in a soothing tone. Ash started purring quietly and nuzzled closer to Sara. "Its ok now..." Sara spoke again, placing her head next to Ash's.

Soon enough they were both sleeping peacefully. Safire and Zipda stopped in to check on the two. "Well would you look at that.. I never thought I would see Ash this.... Calm." Zipda said with a soft smile on his face. "Its amazing actually... Shes happy." Safire added. They both nodded and walked out. "Thank you... For sticking with me." Safire spoke again. "Hm? Oh yea! Of course. I'm always gonna be by your side girl!" Zipda replied. "You know you really do sound gay sometimes..." Safire chuckled, getting a whimper from Zipda.

It was the next morning and Sara had woken up. She looked over at Ash, who was still sleeping, Sara smiled at the sight. "I'll be back, love. You need to eat." Sara said and carefully started getting up. Ash groaned and rolled onto her back, Showing off her stomach, She then stretched out and stayed there like that. The sight made Sara's heart race, The blood rushed to her face and she just stared like that for a moment.

She then shook it off and walked outside of the rehab den, heading towards the forest to go catch something small for Ash and herself. About an hour passed by and Sara was heading back with her haul. She caught a whole salmon for Ash, it was her favorite, and a jackrabbit for herself. She went back inside the rehab den and was met with the familiar green eyes she had grown to love. "A-Ash! You're awake" Sara said with a mouthful, Ash smiled and lifted her head slightly.

Sara walked up to Ash and set the food down, "I brought you something to eat... You havent eaten in two days.." She said as she slid the huge salmon over to Ash. "Salmon! My favorite!!" Ash said with a huge grin, she took the salmon and started eating happily. Sara smiled softly at the cat in front of her, She then leant down and started eating as well.

After finishing up their meal, Sara looked over at Ash, who was laying on her back, swishing her tail happily. Sara smiled seeing Ash with a full stomach for the first time in a while. Her smile then faded and she sighed. "Ash.. I need to talk to you." Sara said with a bit of a nervous tone. Ash nodded and laid on her stomach. "I need to apologize..." Sara paused, "I really am sorry... For everything... I never meant to hurt you... I just got angry and I took it out on you... And when I lost you I..." She sighed. "It wasn't the same without you... Ive missed you so much these past few years... I was so lonely.. And when Flint said that Safire was living with you in the lab..." Ash sat up and arched her back straight, Making Sara even more nervous than she already was.

"I-I had to take action. I needed to see you again. I needed to be with you." Sara paused again, "I-I... What I'm trying to uhh..." Sara cleared her throat. She took a breath and spoke again, "Ash... What I'm trying to say is.. I'm sorry.. And I.. I..." Her heart rate sped up. "Ash... I... I lov-" Sara was cut off from Ash roughly pressing her snout onto Sara's and giving her a long, Passionate kiss. Sara was in udder shock, her body was stiff and her heart was pounding. She slowly melted and kissed back. The kiss lasted for a few seconds and then Ash pulled away, licking Sara's muzzle in the process.

They stayed like that for a while, just looking at each other. This felt perfect, Sara couldn't believe it.

A noise pulled them away from each other, Sara looked over her shoulder to see a Fan girling Zipda and Safire, They both just chuckled and walked out, heading towards the Forest to talk.