Chapter 6

Another month had passed since the accident with Zipda's side. It was still injured, but getting better. He was still forced to fight and so was Safire.
After a long day of experiments, Safire had collapsed in the kennel, exhausted from whatever they did to her.

She sighed and then opened her eyes, she saw a little dead mouse in the corner of the kennel. "You finally gave up too, huh buddy?" She asked, feeling sad for the thing. She put her paw over it in sympathy, and it shined a bright yellow.
Safire's ears perked up in curiosity and she took her paw off the mouse. It then scurried away out to the entrance of the lab. "Whoa....." Safire said in fascination. She then jumped up excitedly and ran over to Zipda who was sleeping peacefully.

"ZIPDA! ZIPDA! GUESS WHAT!?" Safire yelled at the top of her lungs, scaring the sleeping wolf in front of her. "WHAT!!?" Zipda snarled in response. "I CAN HEAL THINGS!!!" She nearly squealed.
"Oh..... Kay...?" Zipda replied with an eyebrow raise. "Which means I can heal you." She said calmly. "Kid. It's been a month. Why would you wake me up for this. It doesn't even bother me anymore." He replied as he put his head back down on his paws to go back to sleep. "Zipdaaaaaaaa!!!!!!" safire cried out. "come on!!! stop being a grump!!! im bored!" she pouted. "go play by yourself..." he replied sleepily.

"fine. whatever." she said and crawled into her dog house. A few hours later, Safire was being dragged out of the cage and back into the arena again. This time she had to face a pup. About the same age as her. She looked terrified, she was trembling and her tail was tucked between her legs. Safire approached the tiny thing and nuzzled her. "are you new here?" she asked. The pup slightly nodded, "here. ill help protect you. its gonna be ok, youll get through it." Safire said assuringly, with that, the pup began to relax and she even gave Safire a little smile.

"im not gonna fight you." Safire said and sat in front of the Pup.
"what do they call you?" she asked curiously. "they call me flutter..."
the small pup replied. Safire smiled and replied "its nice to meet you flutter. I hope we can get alo-" her words were cut off when she felt a collar go around her neck and tightly secure around her throat. She whimpered out as she was violently yanked back by one of the humans, she tried to snap at them but they muzzled her.

Today wasnt a good day. she felt it in her gut. The humans hoisted her up and slammed her on the table. she was tied down and they applied a shock collar to her. They injected her with yet another fluid, she cried out in pain and squirmed around, trying to get out of the restraints. She got shocked. It was like a type of behavior correction. Her body thrashed around and snapped one of the ropes holding her down. She tried to escape but one of the humans pinned her down with his arm and held her in place.

This was like some sort of torture, she cried out as if trying to get someone to help her. she began to feel her body go numb, and she went weak. a few minutes passed and all the humans left the room. Safire was left alone. orrrrr so she thought....

"they did the same thing to you too huh kid?" a voice called out from the shadows. "what?" Safire bolted up and looked around to try and find the voice that was talking to her. "theyve done the same thing to me. so im in the same book as you" the voice said again. "who are you?" safire asked, and almost instantly a cat stepped out of the shadows. She was all black and had white paws. she had a little glowing marking on her shoulders, and glowing green eyes. she also had a long hair tuft that draped over her left eye, so it wasnt very visible. Her fur looked soft, it was sleek and shiny, and her body was very slim.

"I'm mittens. But you can call me ash." she said with a rather husky voice. she crept her way up smoothly to safire and sat next to her. "whats a cutie like you doing around here?" she said softly and smiled at Safire.

"I was captured as a pup. Ive been here for almost two years now...." Safire replied to the small cat next to her. "Im in the same hole as you, Except Ive been here since Three years ago.. they didnt change anything about me, just made me a liiiitttttlle insaneeeeeee." Ash chuckled and rolled onto her back.
"do you know any tricks to get out of here?" safire asked.

"I know a lot of things dear. things youll soon find out." ash chuckled. "you dont seem like the fighting type, so why are you here?" safire asked curiously. Ash laughed a bit, "honey, I've slit more throats than you can imagine." Safire just smiled a bit, she found this new friend rather interesting. Fascinating.... even. Ash smiled and rolled onto her back once again, she flicked her tail at Safire, catching her attention. Safire looked down and saw Ash smirking, laid out, stretched a little, revealing her belly.

Safire just blushed and looked off to the side, her ears flattened down to the sides of her head. Ash chuckled and sat up once again, and as if right on cue, the humans began walking in again. "They wont do anything else to you today. They are just gonna put you back in the kennel." ash smirked.

"ill see you soon my friend." and with that, Ash swiped her tail over her face and turned invisible, bolting off.