Chapter Twenty-Five

THIS IS NOT EDITED

Chapter Twenty-Five

Cody's POV

Rip to my shoulder. Rain lifted herself up. Her face was a mix between why-did-you-run-into-me and are-you-a-ghost. I suppressed a laugh.

"Hey."

"Hey? Hey! HEY?! THAT'S ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY TO ME? I THOUGHT YOU-," she started shrieking.

"Rain! Calm down! You don't want us to get caught, do you?" She shook her head and closed her mouth.

"How are you here?" She asked while dusting herself off. A lot of near-death experiences that's how I'm here.

Do you even realize what I had to do to get here?

Going back in time to when he saw the portal (lol)

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS STUPID DOOR! Not only is trying to get it to unlock hurting my hands, but its also hurting my ego. I'm strong enough to push it open, right? Wrong. I let out an exasperated sigh and looked around the room. Oh my go-palm trees. Ashley hates it when I use his name in vain. Anything for her. The bookmark! How did I not see it early. I tested the sturdiness by bending it back and forth. It'll do. Pushing the door back against its frame, I shoved the bookmark in above the lock. Come on. I brought it down and pushed it where the lock was. It snapped in half. Ughhhh. The door slid open. YES! Grabbing my jacket, I bolted out the door and out of the shelter.

A strong wind pushed me back onto the ground. How could I forget about Misty's tornadoes?

Because Ashley has you wrapped around her finger and you can't think.

I can to!

No  you can't

Can to!

Then why did you just  run into a  wall

Because your distracting me!

Whatever

The tornadoes rotated around the house. If I planned this perfectly then I could get through. Three, two, one. I ran and jumped through a small opening between two tornadoes. My feet hit the ground, but my left foot didn't land properly. Tumbling towards the ground, I stuck out my hands to block my face. What can I say, that's the most important part of my body. My feet took my along the only path I could find. I remember Raven saying that the river was relatively close...if I could just find it...A gust of wind distracted me from my thoughts. One of Misty's tornadoes had followed me. I saw what they did to a clueless squirrel and it was not pretty. My brain told my feet to move and I took off sprinting. Maybe I should have thought about where I was going, but the tornado was more important.

Flashback Ended

"And that's how I got here," I finished. Rain stared at me with a blank look.

"But how are you alive?" She asked.

"It was like magic. The last thing I remembered was lying on the ground in pain. Ashley was kneeling down in front of me and I could hear sirens in the distance. She looked so sad. It broke my heart seeing her like that. In my head, I knew that there was no chance I would live, but my heart had a small  bit of hope. The next time I woke up was in the hospital. The doctor told me that I wouldn't make it much longer. I lost too much blood. He asked if I wanted anything and that's when I wrote Ashley the letter. When I finished I had it delivered to her. When it was my time, I feel really dizzy. The lights were too bright, and I just wanted to go. This distance light called to me. I gave in, but instead of light I was met with nothing. I was there, but at the same time I wasn't. After what felt like eternity, this force started pulling me back. I was sucked back into my body. Raven was standing in front of me. She knocked me out as soon as I was alive again. When I woke up again I was at her place," I explained.

"So let me get this straight. You died. Came back to life. Hid out with Raven and Misty. And didn't come and visit us once?!  And with that there is a tornado chasing you?" Rain questioned.

"Yes."

"Great. Just great. We need to get back to the others. Saffron wont be happy with me when he gets up," Rain said while glancing behind her.

Rain's POV

I could feel the rock in my pocket as I moved. As much as I wanted to rethink Cody's situation, my mind stayed focus on my sisters. We ran through the woods. Coral, Ashley, Misty, and Raven  came into view. Raven was sitting up. At least she's not knocked out anymore. Misty was guarding Raven while father, Zach, and Aspen fought with Ashley and Coral.  Ashley was defiantly holding out on them. She was attacking hard, but I know that she is going easy. Coral on the other hand, was going full-force. Boss looked back at Misty and yelled something I couldn't hear. Misty nodded and then looked towards Ashley. Oh no.

"I think we should surpri-," I started to say but Cody  ignored me. He ran towards Ashley and blocked her just as Misty released a huge gust of wind. "-se them," I finished. Too  late now. Cody was knocked to the ground with a very surprised looking Ashley below up. I jogged over to them.

"You-what-how-your alive?" Ashley stammered. "But how?" Cody shook his head.

"I'll  tell you later. Now is not the best time," Cody replied.

He helped Ashley up. Misty was looking at the ground and moving her hands in weird looking ovals. What is she doing?

"Ashley, Rain stop her! She's causing a tornado!"  Cody shouted.

"I can't hurt her! She's my sister!" Ashley  argued. Cody looked at me and I nodded in agreement with Ashley.

"Well do something!"

I raised my hand and used a vine to knock her off balance. Then I binded her hands and legs to the ground with more vines. Ashley darted over to her. 

"I am so going to get you!" A voice yelled from behind me. I spun around to see Saffron covered, and I mean COVERED, in red dots. He was swelling up.

"Dude what happened to you?" Zach asked. Saffron just gave him a death glare.

"Cody, could you possible handle him?" I muttered. He looks like he would kill me if he got the chance, and I do not need that right now. I didn't wait for an answer before making my way over to Raven. "Are you okay?" I asked. She nodded as I helped her up.

"That shock really affected me. You have to be careful," she warned me. "Let's go join Coral.

Ashley's POV

She looked so helpless strapped to the ground. Her body wiggled as she tried to get free. It was obvious that she was under a manipulation spell. I didn't let my mind think about what father must have done to mother to get manipulation. I have to break it.

"Misty, look at me. You're not you. You don't  like our dad. You're on the wrong  side. Rain, Raven, Coral, and I need you. You can't leave us. Right now we are all fighting a tough battle. We're all trying to survive. I don't know what we're tracking down, but I know that it's important. We have come so far. Please don't give up on me. Please," I begged. She stared at me for a second before she stopped moving.

"Misty?"

----------------------------

Heyheyhey

I rly shouldn't be writing.  I was supposed to be asleep an hour  ago, but I felt rly bad for  not updating. Hope this makes up for it!

Feel free to comment and share 😉

Love you all and thanks for reading!

Bye my Searchers!

-Black Cat

Published: 3-4-19

Word Count: 1318

Edited: