Chapter Ten

That is Coral's collage

That is Coral's collage. Use your brain and really think about what it is telling you. On with the story!

"Hello sister," Coral said.

"Coral, nice to finally see you again," Its been six years. Seeing my dad was one thing, but seeing Coral was completely different.

*Flashback*

"You only have one life left!" I shouted at Coral. My nerf gun was pointed towards her. "Surrender the gold now, and I won't kill you."

"Never!"

I chased Coral around the house. Just then the door bell rang, and our  mom came in. She had tears in her eyes.

"Coral sweetie,  you have some new friends to meet," my mom  sobbed out. Three guys all dressed in black walked over to Coral.

"They don't look very nice," whispered Coral.

"You have to go with them for a while. I packed your bag already." My mom was urging Coral to go with the men.  I don't understand.

"Can I come to?" I asked. Coral was my bestest sister  ever. She was always with me.

"Ashley, you have to stay with me," my mom said as she walked over to me. Coral tried to walk over to me, but the men reached out and grabbed her. My dad walked in the room as if nothing was going on.

"Daddy their trying to take Coral!" I squirmed away from my mom and grabbed Coral. The men were dragging her out of the house. I felt hands around my waist. My father had grabbed me and was holding me back from Coral. I was still crying when the men shoved Coral in a black limousine and drove away.

*Flashback  Ended*

She looked slightly  different. Her hair was always brown like mine. When we were younger, some people couldn't tell us apart. Without thinking, I rushed towards her and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you so much!" I started to cry. She hugged me back and smile down at me. For being twenty years old she sure looked younger. "What are you doing back?  Why did you leave us? Did you know Rain was gone?" I would have kept asking questions but she interrupted me.

"I  will explain everything later. Yes, I know Rain is missing. That's actually one of the reasons why I came back. We need to talk about something..." Coral suddenly looked uncertain.

"What's wrong?"

"Don't freak out. Put both your hands up in the air. If I'm right, you were the one who always nailed herself when she was worried, scared, angry, or nervous. Am I right?" One eyebrow raised as she waited for an answer.

"Ye-yes. I'm surprised you still remembered," I said as I raised both hands.

"I'm just going to cut straight to the point. Rain was kidnapped because she has something special about her that other people want. You have it too.  I mainly came back because it was  recently activated, and you need help learning how to use it.  You  have the element of fire. Your name is Ashley for Ash which is for fire. My name is Coral for the water. Rain is a form of nature. And Misty, hers was air. She never got to use it though... Rain has also activated  her powers.  Your powers have been hidden. They only first come out when something traumatic happens. We need to find Rain before her power goes out of control. I also have to teach you. While we are on the topic, those men took my away  to "help" me. Turns out they just wanted my power. We need to start training immediately. I can see that your body has already started reacting. There are burn marks all on your arms." She finished talking with a serious look on her face. She wasn't wrong, my body was heating up.

"I have-you left because-Rain needs help-Cody died for her-fire..."  My thoughts were all jumbled. Coral walked over and steadied me. My arms were lowered and she ripped my hands away from each other.

"I'm so sorry, but we must get started on your training. Come out to the car."

My mouth stayed shut until we  reached our destination. How could we have powers? None of  this adds up.

"Ash, I need you to snap out of it. Please work with me here. We have very little time to help Rain. You have to meet the guy at 10 right?" Coral mentioned casually.

"How-how did you know?" I didn't tell anyone about it.

"Long story. Come on."

She led me to a small clearing where a river ran through. It was beautiful.

"I'm going to show you my powers first. Please don't freak out," Coral stated as she faced the water. I watched her closely. Her hand lifted up in front of her at the same time as the water did.  The water swam through the sky and disappeared. She pointed her hand down, and water shot out.

"Oh. My. Palm trees. This can't be happening," My words came out  sorta panicked. Coral faced me again. Her eyes were now blue like the ocean. "Coral! Your eyes! Their blue,"  I shrieked out.

"I know, it happens when I use my abilities." Her eyes slowly faded back to brown. "It's your turn."

She droned on and on about how I needed to focus and really draw from the flame and emotion inside of me. A pile of sticks were set up on the ground. Somehow I was supposed to start a fire. Several minutes passed with nothing happening.

"Focus Ash! I'm sorry for this but it has to happen," Her eyes hardened. "You let Cody die. Rain got kidnapped because of you. You didn't even go to see his family. His letter was burned and wasted because of you.  Auburn stayed at the hospital for you. You kept  her from her safe home." Coral went on and on about  terrible stuff. None of that was true. It wasn't really my fault, was it? My blood was boiling, and anger swept through me. It's not my fault. I repeated it over and over again in my head. The sticks lit up and a fire emerged. It only lasted for  a second before the sticks exploded. Coral quickly doused it out using her water powers. "You did it!!! None of the stuff I said was true. I had to get you angry so your powers would work," she explained. She looked apologetic so I forgave her. "Ash look!" I bent over the water to see my reflection. Even through the water, my eyes were a mix of orange and yellow.

"Wow. I can't believe this is happening." We spent the next hour practicing.

"Your  a quick learner," Coral said sounding impressed. I had learned a lot and was getting the hang of it.

"We need to discuss a plan for when we meet at  Duck Dock. I obviously can't show my face."

After we had a plan, we headed over to the lake. Coral said that she could be in water without having to get air and without getting wet. She was  going to stay in the lake while I met the person. We would have to act on that because I had no idea what he wanted. When I got to  the dock I saw Rain tied to a chair at the very end of the dock. A person stood facing the lake.

"Look who decided to show up," the person said turning around.

I almost passed out when I saw who it was.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyyyyyyyyyyy. So a lot more was supposed to happen in this chapter, but I got too involved in her powers. It'll all be next chapter tho.

What do you think about the power stuff? Shoutout to my Searcher bookworm2468013579 ,  she figured it out a while ago. Do you like Coral? I was gonna make her hair straight, but I couldn't find any pictures.

I'll be updating collages soon. It might take a while tho bc they are hard to make.

Goodnight!

-Black Cat

C o m m e n t