"stiles?" marcie and lydia said.

but when they got down there, he wasn't there.

"no, no, no, no." marcie said.

"lydia?" scott said.

"i don't get it. this has to be it." lydia said quietly.

"then where is he, huh? where is he? where is he?" stiles' dad yelled at lydia.

lydia backed away as marcie felt tears well up in her eyes.

"i'm sorry." his dad said.

"i don't understand." lydia said.

-

scott's mom and dad found stiles sleeping inside the coyote den.

they brought stiles to the hospital. marcie, scott, lydia, agent mccall and melissa all sat in the waiting room and they got up when they saw the sheriff walk out.

"he's sleeping now. and he's just fine. he doesn't remember much. it's a bit like a dream to him. thank you." he said looking over at scott's dad.

"it was that repellent we sprayed in the coyote den to keep other animals out. i couldn't go near it without my eyes watering. it's just a good thing he mentioned it over the phone." rafael replied.

"no, it was more than that. thank you." stiles' dad said.

"it was a lucky connection." agent mccall said.

"mccall, can you shut up please and accept my sincerest gratitude." stiles' dad said to him.

"accepted." scott's dad said shaking his hand.

"all right, you three. you've got school in less than six hours. go home. go to sleep." melissa said.

"okay." scott said hugging his mom.

scott grabbed marcie's hand and they walked down the hall with lydia.

"i don't know what happened. i was so sure." lydia said.

"yeah, i wasn't much help either. doesn't matter, if he's okay." scott said.

marcie noticed that lydia looked behind her.

"lydia?" marcie asked making scott look at her as well.

"lydia, do you hear something?" scott asked.

"no. i didn't hear anything." lydia replied.

-

scott and marcie were at their locker while lydia waited for them and they noticed that lydia jumped.

"are you okay, lydia?" marcie asked her.

"yeah. i'm just a little hyper sensitive to loud sounds today." lydia said as she flinched again.

"they're doing tests on stiles all afternoon. me and marcie were gonna go there around six to visit. you wanna come with us?" scott asked her.